Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, DC., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the US. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- The Department for International Development (DfID) Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) program’s proposed impact is “more children and young people acquire knowledge and skills that enhance their life chances,” and the proposed outcome is that “state and non-state basic education systems deliver better quality learning for children, including for marginalized groups.”
- It will tentatively focus on Kaduna, Kano, Borno and Yobe states while providing support to the federal government.
- The Senior Education Officer will be responsible for the overall management of education activities
- S/he will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all teacher education activities, including leading and coordinating the teacher education and systems support activities at the national and state level
- The position requires experience with teacher training policy and practice, designing programs for data collection and analysis, and personnel management.
Reporting & Supervision:
The position reports to the Program Director.
- Oversee the implementation of all teacher education activities in both formal and non- formal schools;
- Oversee training, coaching and ongoing support of teachers and learning facilitators in order to improve instructional practices in literacy, numeracy and social and emotional skills; and
- Ensure technical coordination of activities related to teacher education and curriculum development, and obtain support from Federal, State and local government authorities.
Oversight of teacher education interventions:
- Oversee the selection of learning facilitators for the intervention and contribute to tools for selection such as assessment tools;
- Oversee the initial training of learning facilitators, as well as their continuous professional development;
- Monitor progress towards the objectives and intended outputs pertaining to teacher education using routine data, spot checks, observation, and other methodologies;
- Provide regular written and oral reports on education activities to supervisor, senior management, project partners and donors; and
- Promote the quality of teacher education activities by setting up quality assurance mechanisms and checks in collaboration with other staff.
- Lead integrated state technical working groups and steering committees pertaining to teacher education, curriculum development and assessment;
- Work closely with consultants as needed to ensure effective implementation and quality content;
- Coordinate with colleges of education and NCCE for the contextualization and validation of curriculum;
- Represent the project in major meetings and events as appropriate;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors; and
- Represent PLANE to local communities, government departments, international agencies, and local groups.
- Master's Degree in Education; Advanced Degree preferred;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience with an international or civil society organization, including direct implementation of education programming;
- At least seven years of experience related to teacher professional development;
- Experience working with displaced or otherwise marginalized communities;
- Strong oral communication skills and effective in representation and liaising with external actors;
- Excellent technical writing ability in English, including report writing;
- Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook;
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions; and
- Willingness to travel extensively in Nigeria, including to remote and/or insecure locations.
- Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548915 to apply for this job .