Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Location: Offshore, Nigeria
Job Nature: Rotation
- The job holder will be responsible for preparation of HSE readiness and he will be in charge to lead Intervention team on board during hook up and start-up phase
- He will also in charge to assist Commissioning team in their activities related to FPSO safety systems.
- That covers amongst other:
- Participate to the development of Site Emergency Response Plan/procedures.
- Insure identification, procurement and maintenance of HSE materials and equipments (prevention and intervention).
- Assist operation/maintenance team in their activities (e.g. confined space entry, working at height).
- Participate in planning of HSE performance improvement and associated monitoring.
- Provide HSES advice and support as required.
- Participate and provide necessary support for the development of operating procedures of the safety
- equipment on board the FPSO facilities prior to towing and installation phase.
- Assist and participate in the development and implementation of emergency response plans, exercises and training programs for FPSO Package personnel and contractors.
- Ensure identification and procurement of HSE materials and equipment.
- As Intervention team leader FPSO:
- Act as fire emergency expert, HSE expertise to Offshore Installation Manager.
- Advice and lead role in the management of incidents and correctives actions and in the emergency preparedness.
- Ensure that the Company’s HSE regulations are implemented (especially procedures related to work permits).
- Ensure that approved operating procedures and standard industry practice are applied during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility.
- Organize weekly trainings for the intervention team on specific scenarios.
- Provide necessary awareness regarding all safety equipment for offshore personnel Conduct regular emergency exercises and debriefing to define the corrective actions.
- Intervene as the intervention team leader in case of emergency incident.
- Deploy resources to contain and control the incident.
- Direct teams in rescuing trapped/injured persons.
- Put in place and organize the confined space entry / work at height rescue plan.
- Ensure that all safety equipment are operational and well maintained as per planning by regular checks and test witnessing.
- Schedule and perform inspections and maintenance interventions (corrective, conditional or preventive maintenance) on safety equipment.
- Ensure, where applicable, safety equipment calibration and certification is upto date eg portable gas detectors, breathing apparatus, fire extinguisher, etc.
- Create and update the safety equipment and safety gears database.
- Create and update the necessary procedures for the performance of the job and associated planning.
- Respond to any request dealing with FPSO safety equipments.
- Suggest improvements and request modifications in a proactive manner.
- Contribute to site HSE reporting/status and indicators. Be fully familiar and competent in the deployment and use of the Egina Oil Spill Equipment and lead the deployment in the case of any release.
- Inventory and maintain the site Oil Spill Kits in the facility. Maintain the equipment and replace the material
- and equipment as needed to ensure adequate spill response.
- Follow up with Oil Spill Coordinator on closeout of site related actions raised during DPR Oil Spill Activation Exercise.
- To assist preparation and execution of safety systems commissioning:
- Witness as appropriate the pre-commissioning activities performed by the Contractor and validation of ‘Ready for Commissioning’ dossiers for systems under his responsibility.
- Control and manage the organisation and optimisation of offshore preparatory commissioning work for related discipline. Supervise commissioning activities performed by the Contractor to ensure that systems reach the ‘Ready for Start-Up’ status as per planning.
- Approve and sign-off of punch list items.
- Ensure progress reporting and planning for all activities related to the above duties.
- Identify and mobilize materials, vendors, third parties required for commissioning and tow preparation activities.
- Check that all Safety equipment is in conformity with Company standards and regulations.
- Supervision of all commissioning activities related to:
- All rescue and survival boats, including davits and launch systems.
- All fire fighting equipment; fire water pumps, foam packages deluges skids, monitors, etc.
- All equipment in primary and secondary muster rooms.
- All fire protection systems as gas suppression systems (Inergen) and water mist packages.
Professional Emergency & Rescue Leader
Professional Marine Fire Fighter Leader.
- Ten years experience in the oil and gas industry or compatible experience including experience in the construction, commissioning, and operation of major offshore projects.
- Extensive experience in marine life-saving equipment, Fire Fighting system and Emergency & Rescue systems is essential.
- Previous experience working in engineering and procurement phases.
- Experience with large production platforms, working offshore and with live facilities.
- Professional and interpersonal skills to effectively implement HSES management systems.
- Experience in workplace training and assessments.
- Good supervisory, communication skills, team management skills.
- Language: Fluent in English with French an advantage.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548881 to apply for this job .