UN Women - In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. In doing so, UN Member States took an historic step in accelerating the Organization's goals on gender equality and the empowerment of women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system, which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Functions/ Key results expected:
- Facilitate the launch, initial consultative dialogue meetings and other processes to kick-start implementation of the UN Women PERD project
- Develop an implementation plan of the PERD project with timelines and milestones to be achieved within the project implementation period
- Establish the requisite project oversight management structures in Borno and Yobe States and develop Terms of Reference for their effective operation, including ensuring synergies with other humanitarian and development programmes
- Support the recruitment process of new staff for the project
- Develop TORs for the recruitment of consultants for the following studies: the assessment of the formal and informal judiciary system, a research on preferred and economically empowering livelihoods activities by women, and Mapping the level of representation of women in leadership committees
- Support consultants with the requisite documents to facilitate desk reviews on the above studies
- Provide technical support to the project team to facilitate the roll-out and implementation of project activities
- Support project monitoring activities and delivery of reporting requirements
- Facilitate the process of developing an MOU to be signed between UN Women and The ECOWAS Commission
- Elaborate an Action Plan for the operationalization of the MOU between UN Women and The ECOWAS Commission
- Develop a proposal for resource mobilization for the ECOWAS Female Parliamentarians Association (ECOFEPA)
- A detailed costed concept note and plan for the launch of the PERD project
- An implementation plan of the PERD project with timelines and milestones to be achieved within the project implementation period
- TOR for project oversight management structures in Borno and Yobe States
- TORs for the recruitment of consultants for the following studies: the assessment of the formal and informal judiciary system, a research on preferred and economically empowering livelihoods activities by women, and Mapping the level of representation of women in leadership committees
- A signed MOU between UN Women and The ECOWAS Commission
- An Action Plan for the operationalization of the MOU between UN Women and The ECOWAS Commission
- A Resource mobilization proposal for the ECOWAS Female Parliamentarians Association (ECOFEPA).
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality technical advice and support
- Leadership in area of expertise in the region
- Quality reports and other strategic documents drafted and submitted in a timely manner
- Strong relationships with various partners and stakeholders
- Timely and quality resource mobilization and knowledge products
- Quality monitoring and reporting
- Increased awareness about UN Women’s work
- Increased cooperation and communication between UN Women and the humanitarian partners in Borno and Yobe States
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example.
- Excellent knowledge of Gender, Humanitarian, Peace and Security issues, including in Nigeria
- Excellent project implementation, monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Excellent writing skills including the writing of policy papers, speeches, briefing notes
- Ability to interact with donors, identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong knowledge of programme development, implementation, results based management and reporting
- Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on results
- Ability to lead formulation of strategies and their implementation.
- Master's degree or equivalent in Peace and Security, human rights, international relations or other social science fields is required.
- At least 5 years progressively responsible experience in designing and implementing programmes on humanitarian and women’s participation in politics and peace and security processes ideally with some experience in Africa
- Experience in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in proposal development, policy analysis, and strategic planning;
- Experience working with, and building partnerships with governments, donors and civil society organizations internationally and in the field;
- Technical experience of implementing women’s economic empowerment and livelihood projects
- Experience in working with women in politics is an asset
- Experience working with the UN is an asset;
- Experience working in Nigeria is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of any other UN official working language is an asset.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548876 to apply for this job .