A firm in the ICT sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- The Business Development Officer is accountable for revenue growth, customer acquisition and customer relationship management within the company.
- Responsibilities include prospecting, qualifying, presenting, and closing opportunities of services to ship owners, ship charters and oil and gas companies.
- The Business Development Officer shall be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Facilitates the flow of operational information to ensure effective execution of contracts.
- Assist with evaluating new opportunities for additional revenue from new and existing clients by analyzing requirements, potential for revenue growth and evaluating options whilst maintaining company priorities.
- Identify and capture additional revenue opportunities, regularly provides market intelligence and carry out market research as required.
- Proactively manage relationships with existing clients and develops relationships with new clients.
- Communicate effectively with clients, peers, superiors, and other company personnel.
- Protect the company's values by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains excellent relationships with all stakeholders of the business. Update job knowledge by taking advantage of educational opportunities; professional development activities and maintaining a sound professional network.
- Enhance organization's reputation by accepting ownership for delivery of new requirements to clients; and always exploring opportunities to add value to our client's customer experience.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience within the Oil and Gas or Offshore Marine sector.
- In-depth knowledge of offshore logistics, ship broking and chartering practices.
- Knowledge of Offshore vessel types and their mode of operations.
- Proven track record in sales ideally overachieving on targets and acquiring new business
- Ability to learn quickly and develop a good understanding of the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Strong prospecting skills and extensive customer facing experience
- Sound commercial aptitude with a result oriented approach to work
- Must be well organized and demonstrate good attention to detail
- Must be self motivated and able to work under extreme pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Must be task oriented with ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Able to use computer hardware and software including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficient in the use of internet for research.
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's Degree/HND
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548820 to apply for this job .