eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Summary of Job
- The Senior Laboratory Program Manager will be responsible for the management of all laboratory programs at eHealth Africa.
- S/he will help set the strategic direction, plan and implement the overall laboratory policies, research activities, procedures, and services
- S/he will take responsibility for all aspects of the labs including equipment, employees, supplies, software and documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this role successfully, the Senior Laboratory Program Manager will perform the following responsibilities which will include but not limited to:
- Provides eHealth Africa Senior Management Team with strategic guidance on laboratory programs and services, laboratory research and field epidemiology studies.
- Identifies and assists in the preparation of research grant proposals, RFIs, clinical study protocols, IRB applications and capacity statements.
- Establishes and expands relationships with partner organizations and funding agencies.
- Establishes a plan and process for attaining ISO 15189 quality standards in all eHealth Africa laboratories.
- Maintains the performance of laboratory equipment by establishing best practices standards, developing efficient operations, and effective troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging services, repairs and replacement of equipment.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational staffing adjustment.
- Work with various regulatory agencies as required.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures and maintain records to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains quality results by creating a laboratory quality assurance program; consulting with pathologists; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; making adjustments in policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records.
- Maintains laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and non-disclosure confidentiality.
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing & performing parallel testing; and monitoring progress.
- Maintains laboratory staff by identifying manpower need, identifying training gaps and proffering solutions to competency deficiency.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- PhD or Master's Degree in Public Health, Medical Laboratory Science, Microbiology, Medical Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years experience with at least 5 years hands-on laboratory supervisory/managerial experience.
- Experience obtaining or maintaining ISO 15189 and other national/international laboratory accreditation.
- Experience conducting laboratory and field epidemiology studies and publishing results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Expertise in using statistical analysis software such as STATA, EpiInfo or R.
- Experience configuring and using Lab Information Management Systems.
- Strong leadership skills, including good problem solving skills and the ability to inspire confidence in teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with a strong aptitude for succinctly presenting thoughts and ideas to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient marketing and managerial skills.
- Fluent in English. Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548800 to apply for this job .