A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Reporting to the Chief Finance officer, the ideal Accountant will be responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statement, appropriate accounting control procedures
The ideal candidates must have a proven track record of achievement in similar roles. Experience in the telecommunications industry will be an added advantage.
- Attention to duty with good interpersonal skills.
- Sound interpersonal, persuasive and business skills combined with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent analytical skills with a passion for trend analysis and data presentation.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Prepare timely periodic financial management reports
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end accounting record close processes
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting controls procedures.
- Processing and managing all fund disbursements as well as ensuring proper documentation to facilitate the release of funds.
- Liaising with banks, tax authorities, and other regulatory agencies on behalf of the company
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities
- Monitor and support taxation requirements
- Prepare for periodic financial audits and coordinate the audit process
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Evaluate and advise on business operations including investment appraisal, revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
- Offering training and capacity building in the areas of financial management, record keeping, and other related matters to the team; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Chief Finance Officer
- Minimum of 4 years continuous experience in Accounting and Finance roles.
- Experience in Consulting and or Telecoms industry will be a distinct advantage.
- A university degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting or Banking and Finance
- Membership of professional association such as ICAN or ACCA
- Experience in the use of and good knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting software.
Excellent Benefits, Training and Performance Bonus.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548732 to apply for this job .