Interra Networks is a Technology and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm with physical presence in the United States and Nigeria (Abuja). They provide technology-enabled services tailored to the unique requirements of their retail, business and government clientele. The IT services provided include Customer Relationship Management (CrM) Solutions CRM, Contact Centre Services, Software Development and Document Management Solutions. They also have a host of white-labeled and branded web-based retail products that provide Identity Verification, Payment, School Records Management and Human Resource Management services to the general public.
- The Technical Manager will be responsible for managing the technical units within Interra Networks – Application Development, Infrastructure/Networking, VoIP/Telephony and Support & Maintenance.
- He/She will be charged with managing/growing the technical talent base as well as owning the intellectual property generated from their activities. Managing technical projects and ensuring that deliverables are met in line with company strategy and goals.
- Manages, plans, organizes, schedules, prioritizes, assigns, and reviews the work of assigned information technology staff; monitors workload, deadlines, goals and progress.
- Plans, organizes and serves as project manager on large/complex information technology projects.
- Trains staff and ensures application of current performance, policy and processing standards.
- Conducts analysis and provides input into the strategic planning of the company’s’ products and services. Participates in budget development and resource planning.
- Evaluates emerging technologies and identifies hardware, software, and other resources necessary to accomplish unit tasks within budgetary constraints. Recommends the purchase of hardware/software.
- Establishes unit standards and policies; implements and recommends actions to improve workflow, simplify operational and reporting procedures and improve performance standards.
- Coordinates unit activities with vendors, users and other operational units.
- Maintains relationships with OEM vendors in partnership with the Sales Team.
- Manages direct reports – the heads of the various Technology Units. Responsible for career development of these officers and their team members.
- Demonstrates leadership and mentorship for peers and subordinates.
Educational Qualification and professional qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or any of the Physical Sciences from a reputable University.
- An Advanced Degree. Is an added advantage.
- Project Management – PMI or Prince2 Project Management certification is a requirement.
- ITIL certification is an added advantage.
- Membership in relevant Information Technology and Software Development professional organizations is an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Application Development (Agile Methodology).
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of MS-Windows and LINUX environments.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and deployment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of providing computing services in an academic environment.
- Knowledge of current computer hardware, software and emerging technologies.
- Skill in supervision (selecting, training, assigning and reviewing work, leading and motivating, appraising and supervising performance.)
- Skill in establishing and maintaining standards, policies, and operational effectiveness of information technology staff.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and under pressure.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548728 to apply for this job .