First Point Group – Our client, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the vacant position above.
- Lead Core Network Design & Planning ensuring coordination, execution, control and implementation of specific core network projects for CS & PS domain including statistics, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and business objectives
Core Network Strategy and Architecture:
- Alignment and implementation of the core network strategy and architecture as well as implantation of new technologies and trends in short, medium and long-term
- Design and planning of Core Network Architecture to ensure scalability, Inter operate-ability and reliability – include all areas of core network ie. CS, PS, MPLS, IN & VAS
- Capacity Planning of Core Nodes (Circuit Switching, Packet Core, MPLS N/W, IN & VAS:
- Monitoring capacity utilization on a weekly & monthly basis and taking action for expansion
Budget Planning and Execution to meet Business needs:
- Considering forecast & traffic growth as per AOP (Annual Operating Plan) guidelines, plan core nodes deployment and expansion well in advance
- Solution finalization and BoQ assessment and validations
- Ensuring the ordering of equipment well in advance
- Interacting across internal and external functions – marketing, supply chain, finance, IT, Regulatory, partners & external customers.
Interconnect & Roaming:
- Monitoring the utilization, KPIs and increasing the roaming interconnects as per business requirement
- Based on the utilization threshold of circuits, initiating the process of expansion to ensure timely expansion completion as per AOP guidelines.
Optimization and Performance Improvement of Core Network:
- Monitoring the performance KPIs of all core nodes on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Analyzing the reasons for degradation of a particular KPI and taking corrective action to improve the degraded KPI as required based on the analysis
- Closely work with the performance team
Service migration & operational support:
- Detailed analysis of Change requests – implementation, impact analysis and a backup plan in case of failures
- Seamless migration planning of services from live nodes to new nodes
New Products / Tools/Vendor Introduction:
- Framing specifications and writing RFPs for core equipment procurements
- Evaluation of RFP, conducting POC & finally giving recommendations based on technical aspects
- Adhering to regulatory requirements as per government guidelines of Nigeria
- Submitting the reports on a timely basis as per the regulatory requirements
- Attending meetings with the regulatory departments as & when called for
Management & Partner Governance:
- Motivate people and team for synergy and timely results
- Holding regular – weekly & monthly operational & governance meetings with the partners & other stack-holders.
- Guiding team to help them develop technical & managerial skills
- Maintain database and inventory of whole core network elements effectively
- MIS (Measure Informative System) report generation and circulation on a weekly and monthly basis as required by the management
- Tracking the performance of partners on regular basis through the checklist of deliverables, AOP guidelines, minutes of the meetings and responsiveness.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548698 to apply for this job .