A reputable organization seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
Main Purpose of the Job
- Plans direct, manages and coordinates the finance functions of the bank.
- Ensures accurate accounting records for receipts and disbursements within the bank.
- Ensures payment of bank’s staff salary is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manages the accounts payables and accounts receivables in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all transactions
- Develops and manages the execution of budget for all administrative departments, reviews operating costs and suggests cost-saving measures.
- Updates and maintains accounting journals, ledgers, and other financial records.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all quarterly financial information
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end closure of the bank’s financial records.
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of all transactions.
- Ensures the monthly and quarterly compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner; ie. Tax and other regulatory compliance activities.
- Co-ordinates the annual independent audit of the bank’s accounts, including; preparing financial statements.
- Manages the valuation of the bank’s assets and inventory; ie. Motor Vehicles, Equipment, and other consumables.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
Quality of work KPI
- External rating of accounting function in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures
- Error-free reconciliations of accounts and completion of same in a timely manner
- Number of complaints from vendors and contractors on delayed payments
Budgeting / Expense KPIs
- Timely coordination and conclusion of the bank’s annual budgeting exercise in such a way as to guide management in planning for the year
- Degree of accuracy in maintaining and documenting accounting files, records and reports
- Timeliness of decisions on finance related issues
- Promptness and regularity in providing advice and recommending actions to the bank’s management
- Minimum of HND in Accountancy or any other related field.
- Member of professional bodies including ICAN, ANAN, ACCA provide an added advantage
- Must be Certified Microfinance Banker
- At least 5 years experience. Other qualifications include previous experience with negotiating agreements, financial management and managing vendor relationships
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Ability to identify and implement accounting related best practices
- Computer skills including; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and accounting software; ie. Peachtree, Quickbooks etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Must be organized
- Good leadership skills
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must possess management and budgeting skills
- Time management skills
- Respect for confidentiality and discretion
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be cost-conscious
- Must be organized
- Must be trustworthy.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548660 to apply for this job .