SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
- A career opportunity exists for a highly skilled EUC technician in our Sagamu plant.
- The successful candidate will install and maintain computer systems and networks in order to ensure smooth operations while delivering IT support using a broad range of technologies.
- Amongst other duties, the job holder will:
- General user support of all company devices and software.
- Setup and maintenance of all PCs, laptops and mobile devices.
- Provide training and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot and provide resolutions to issues and outages.
- Build an internal knowledgebase with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Support, configure, maintain and upgrade our networks and in-house servers.
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. IT Certification such as ITIL, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in as a Network Administrator, Systems Support or a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great at organising, prioritising and multitasking.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548650 to apply for this job .