BrentManPower - Our client a leading civil engineering, building and infrastructure provider has need of certain specialised personnel to meet some staffing needs that have arisen due to growth. Our firm has been asked to help lead a search for the right persons to fill the position above.
- Provide a strategic, efficient and flexible procurement service which will deliver optimum value for money, cost savings and best quality of service
- Advise and support staff in procurements and supplier relationships helping to drive better procurement practice
- Assist the company in managing commercial and reputational risks in its relations with external suppliers
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the Company.
- Negotiate and review supplier’s quotes, conditions and payment terms
- Maintain supplier master data files of contacts, correspondence, signed contracts, pricing, proposals in the hard and soft format
- Oversee a team of purchasing officers
- Develop and implements strategies for procuring, storing and distributing goods or services and maintain stock levels.
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's with subject 'Head Procurement', whichever is applicable.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548593 to apply for this job .