A reputable school in Abuja seeks to fill the above position with a suitable and qualified person.
- The head of school is responsible for setting the vision for achieving and sustaining high levels of student achievement and strategically implementing the school’s mission through effective leadership of all stakeholders, including faculty, staff, student, parents, and the community. The head of school oversees all aspects of the instructional program, school environment and the operational/fiscal health of the school.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of ten years of successful teaching experience, with at least 5 years of leadership experience in a high performing secondary school.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are representative of performance expectations.
- Serve as the instructional leader of the school staff and articulate a clear and compelling vision founded in strong and sustainable student achievement outcomes.
- Manage personnel effectively through appropriate delegation, planning and evaluation.
- Fosters an environment where staff and faculty work cooperatively together and hold each other accountable to reach high levels of student achievement.
- Effectively evaluate teachers' classroom management, instructional practice, professional development pursuits, interpersonal and leadership skills, while identifying high-and low-effectiveness performers, and provide clear and actionable feedback, resources and support.
- Lead the improvement of student achievement by implementing best practices for teacher observation and evaluation with high levels of accountability.
- Provide ongoing professional development for staff, based on the analysis of school needs, best practices and instructional research.
- Model and promote the continuous use of data to inform practice, drive, decision-making and instruction.
- Observe teaching methods and examine learning materials to evaluate and standardize curricula and teaching techniques, and to determine areas where improvement is needed.
- Manage school resources (fiscal, human capital, facilities and equipment, etc.) to support student achievement goals and in compliance with policies.
- Foster a positive school climate by assessing, planning, and communicating with the school community; promoting distributive leadership while demonstrating understanding of, respect and appreciation for cultural diversity.
- Promote a positive tone for collaborative school/community relations by articulating the mission, seeking community support, and fostering rapport with all stakeholders.
- Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the School Board.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
The following characteristics and physical skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties.
- Experience working in an urban school setting, with proven management and team building skills.
- Strong record of helping students achieves and sustains academic success, especially with minority and low-income students.
- Commitment to the belief that all students can learn and to the mission of educational equity.
- Capacity to define a vision, build teams and achieve results despite tremendous obstacles.
- Experience in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources. Record of success in leading adults; prior experience with personnel recruitment, selection, training, management, labor relations and supervision.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Keen ability to use data in the decision making process and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to continuously elevate professional contributions through ongoing reflection, building upon previous learning and being open and receptive to ongoing feedback.
- Active listening skills; giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and decision-making skills; considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- IT and Social Media Experience.
Exposure to the following situations may range from remote to frequent based on circumstances and factors that may not be predictable.
- As a new school, subject to stress caused by a changing environment, tight deadlines and heavy workload.
- Frequent use of electronic mail.
- Primarily require working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Frequent network
- Minimal Travel.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548554 to apply for this job .