PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax, and Advisory services
- PwC's Financial Services Risk & Regulation (FSRR) professionals help clients understand, assess, mitigate and resolve all issues, driven by risk management, capital management and compliance, which prevent the achievement of their strategic goals.
- Our strength is our ability to operate across all the stages of design, execution and assurance of all risk management and compliance arrangements.
- We work with a broad range of corporate and public organizations to develop robust financial risk management frameworks that satisfy compliance demands, contribute to better decision making and enhance performance.
- The scope of our work covers the full spectrum of financial risks such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and internal liquidity adequacy assessment process.
- There is a particular emphasis currently on the implementation of Basel II/III and other current local and international regulatory and risk management initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining value - adding client relationships.
- Selling, developing and leading consulting projects for clients in Financial Services Risk & Regulations.
- Advising our financial services clients on their financial risk models, policies and governance.
- Supporting clients in the implementation of their Enterprise-wide Risk Management Frameworks.
- Identifying business opportunities within existing and/or potential clients.
- Participating in the business development and contributing to harness the business opportunities for successful wins.
- Contributing to knowledge sharing and development within the Risk consulting team.
- Provide inputs and drive initiatives for the development of thought leadership in financial risk and regulations.
- Ensuring effective monitoring of multiple risk management projects with tight reporting deadlines.
- Developing and validating models to meet clients’ objectives and expectations.
- Delivering projects in various risk management areas and adding value to new and existing clients.
- Acting as a subject matter expert (SME), advising and supporting our financial services clients with regard to risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Participating actively in conferences and other events to support business development initiatives and meet prospective clients.
- Managing/overseeing project teams, identifying development needs within the teams, and building competence through mentoring, coaching and knowledge transfer.
- A good University Degree with a minimum of Second Class division.
- Completed Master's Degree, preferably in Econometrics, Mathematics or other quantitative areas of study.
- At least 6 years' work experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a major bank, consultancy firm or regulatory agency.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in at least one of FRM’s core areas, eg. Basel II/III, credit risk, market risk, operational risk,
- Excellent analytical skills
- Motivated and committed
- Strong project management and coordination skills.
- Client service-oriented and accustomed to taking a proactive approach.
- A recognized professional certification such as FRM/CFA will be an added advantage.
- Deep content knowledge in credit, operational, market and liquidity risk management.
- Expertise in Basel II/III & Solvency II derived principally from Basel II/Solvency II implementation project experience.
- Strong technology and model building skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Pro-active and entrepreneurial spirit, in combination with strong teamwork ethics.
- Ability to build strong, long-term relationships with key client contacts across lines of service and work closely with C-suite executives.
- Ability to leverage resources within the PwC network, and collaborate with strategic third parties to develop and implement new and existing market propositions across our services industry.
- Ability to develop people through effective mentoring and coaching of team members.
- Flexibility to support other service areas beyond your core areas of competence.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548535 to apply for this job .