MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through the compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- Provide network surveillance, problem resolution, monitoring, controlling, escalating and dispatching of all network elements and ensure that MTN network faults (Fixed Network) are resolved to company requirements. Also, improve network performance by providing real-time and prompt resolution to all network faults on MTNN network.
- Ensure value is created by improving network performance. Provide surveillance troubleshooting; controlling and resolving all network related faults ie. Siemens Digital Switching Equipments (EWSD), Transmission Equipment’s (Siemens SURPASS hiT7070 and STM Channels). Implement integration of new EWSD network elements and E1 connections and conduct acceptance tests.
- Analyse and report Traffic and Measurement. Implement change requests/planned work, using switch procedures. Monitor exchange performance statistics and generate weekly reports. Monitor and acknowledge all alarms from all network elements such as Core Transmission and Power Networks.
- Conduct Real-Time Performance Monitoring of all network elements and provide daily reports, indicating actions to be carried out to improve network quality. Perform NMC duties as instructed by NMC Fixed Exchange Coordinator, eg., correlation of outages, adjustment of availability parameters, follow up and clearing of specific network faults.
- Escalate all faulty devices or hardware detected after troubleshooting (which cannot be resolved remotely) to the field support engineers and contractor for replacement, in order to improve network performance.
- Provide ideas and feedback on software tools, procedures and improvements to NMC functionality of Fixed Exchange Operations. Ensure proper monitoring and implementation of all network changes according to the organisation processes and procedures.
- Resolve subscribers’ problems and faults on Switching and Fixed Lines problem from Call Centres, dispatching all unresolved faults to the Fixed Exchange Coordinator.
- Provide regular update on MTNN performance and other network issues to the Management, Call Centre, Sales and Distribution, Marketing and other relevant departments in MTNN.
- Act as interface and provide access reference number to MTN Contractors, Field Engineers, Operational Maintenance Center Engineers and other GSM/PTOs companies for planned work/change request and access to all MTN locations.
- First degree in Electrical Electronics /Computer Science/Engineering or a related field. UNIX certification beneficial
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization Hands-on experience in light current, telecommunications or a related field.
- Experience in GSM switching environment preferably working on Siemens switches. is desirable
- Knowledge and configuration of Siemens Digital Switching Equipments (EWSD), Transmission equipment (Siemens SURPASS hiT7070 andSTM Channels
- Knowledge of Various Network Management System (NMS) Knowledge of RAD DSU Modem and other ITU modems for E1 configurations Training: Best practices in OperationalMaintenance Center, Network ManagementCenter, Network Operation Center
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548523 to apply for this job .