Hays – Our client is a global agricultural commodity and trading company with vertically integrated grain processing and trade offices throughout African, South Amercian, and Caribbean markets. Commodities sourced and traded include wheat, corn, mill feed, pulses, food oils and other protein meals. They source, transport, and market over 7 million tons of commodities each year.
- They are currently looking for an experienced International Operations Manager for their milling operations in Nigeria, where they currently produce wheat flour. Reporting to the General Manager.
- Provide leadership to the operation by achieving key performance results, including financial profitability, manufacturing variances, safety and quality
- Participate in the development and implementation of new milling and packaging processes, products and systems
- Manage and overseas all improvement projects for the operation
- Present weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual production reports
- Advise Managing Director on the choice of wheat in relation to flour market needs
- Manage staffing strategy, development, performance management and training of employees
- Manage electrical and mechanical maintenance and accuracy of weighbridge and scales in mill and lab, including flour and bran bagging scales
- Mill maintenance and implementation/us of MP2 or other similar maintenance programs
- Supervise wheat transfer fro vessels to silos and mill silos
- Manage wheat and flour bin inventory
- Continually seek new and improved methods to achieve operational efficiency
- Ensure company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations, continually establish policies and procedures to improve safety measures
- Degree or Certificate in Milling Science
- Experience of working for a multinational company, in a developing country such as Nigeria
- Fluency in English is required
- This is a full expatriate role/single status preferred
- 10+ years experience managing grain milling operations.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548510 to apply for this job .