Dreamfield Farm Resorts is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position above.
What responsibilities will I have?
- Ensure accurate knowledge or reliable referrals to make recommendations to growers to achieve efficient crop production
- Soil sample fields including multiple depth sampling, sampling by geo-reference and multiple site sampling in the event of changes in soil texture
- Manage field trials, plant physiology, and irrigation practices
- Scout customer fields for weed, insects, disease and nutrition issues
- Ensure that application of seeding, fertility, and pesticide occurs when weather conditions are optimal
- Gather, compile, analyze and interpret test results and prepare progress reports
- Analyze crop claim issues as necessary
- Document field evaluation of seed, chemical, specialty products and fertilizers
- Provide agronomic training for staff responsible for sales and marketing
- Assist with agronomic budgeting and cost monitoring
- Interact with suppliers, applicators and agronomy laboratories
- Remain up to date on crop nutrition and protection technology
- Create and administer an animal/crop/fruits/Vegetables cultivation and rotation schedule that ensures continuous use of farmland with fallow processes incorporated where necessary; such schedule shall include consideration for (where possible) the following desired farm animals, fruits, and vegetables: Kale, Spinach, Lettuce, Oregano, Parsley, Thyme, Tomato, Green and Red Pepper, Watermelon, Pineapple, Banana, Plantain, Oranges, Lemon, Lime, Moringa, Carrots
What education and training required:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Agronomy or a related field is required to become an agronomist.
- It is also advised that you receive and maintain your Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) certification.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548500 to apply for this job .