Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities.
HIFASS is currently seeking professionals for the Protection and Assistance to the Cameroonian Refugees (PACR) Project aimed at providing quality services for health care, nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) intervention in some LGAs in Benue.
- The United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) is providing emergency assistance to refugees in Cross River and Benue states respectively.
- Response includes distribution of food and non-food items, health assistance and shelter. HIFASS is to provide Public Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services to the 20,485 registered Cameroonian refugees in Benue (3, 517) and Cross River (16, 790) States and other new arrivals of Cameroonian refugees.
Purpose of Position
- The incumbent serves as driver and logistics assistant for official activities.
- Carefully and responsibly drive official vehicle to and from various locations within Nigeria.
- S/he will provide daily preventive maintenance and routine check of official vehicles.
- Reports defects and malfunctions to the supervisor. Monitor expiration and renewal of driver’s and vehicle license.
- Ensures passengers fasten seat belts at all times.
- Complete daily check list for the Project vehicles;
- Prepare monthly report on Vehicle’s performance;
- Provide office logistics assistant for the project when necessary;
- Log all movements in the mileage log book and ensure passengers sign off on arrival;
- Ensure prompt services and maintenance of the Project Vehicle before due date;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications/Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5-10 years driving experience;
- Must possess valid professional driver’s license;
- Evidence of post primary education and training in security, Defensive driving, vehicle operation/maintenance is required;
- General knowledge and familiarity of the Nigerian national road network;
- Experience in similar position with a multilateral organization (e.g. UN agencies) and/or bilateral organization (e.g. International/Local implementing partners) will be of advantage.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548478 to apply for this job .