Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities.
HIFASS is currently seeking professionals for the Protection and Assistance to the Cameroonian Refugees (PACR) Project aimed at providing quality services for health care, nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) intervention in some LGAs in Benue.
Reports To: Project Manager/Operations Manager-HQ
Field Operations Job Type: 6 Months
- The United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) is providing emergency assistance to refugees in Cross River and Benue states respectively.
- Response includes distribution of food and non-food items, health assistance and shelter. HIFASS is to provide Public Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services to the 20,485 registered Cameroonian refugees in Benue (3, 517) and Cross River (16, 790) States and other new arrivals of Cameroonian refugees.
Purpose of Position
- The Admin/Procurement officer will be responsible for providing general administration support to the Protection and Assistance to the Cameroonian Refugees (PACR) project in relation to raising purchase orders, document storage, data integrity analysis and cleansing repairs and maintenance of premises, equipment and vehicles, transport, security, mails and courier services, archives of the bank, front desk and access to premises and any other duties as and when required in order to provide an efficient and responsive service in a demanding but rewarding team environment.
- Facilitates the smooth operation of the organization’s facilities, assets, inventory, and fleet management
- Manages, organizes field and local travels for HIFASS staff and consultants
- Manage the filing system and safety of projects’ documents
- Support the operations unit through planning, organising and implementation of administrative activities;
- Prepare monthly report on stock management;
- Work with drivers to ensure regular maintenance of all vehicles and ensure that vehicle logbook are up to date;
- Update and maintain fixed assets register and keep track record of acquisition, transfer and disposal;
- Collect, Collate and Analyse quotations for the purpose of procurement and arrange for procurement team’s meeting;
- Keeping track record of the inventory usage and provide timely information on stock movement to avoid stock out;
- Maintain and update procurement records and generate reports on procurement
- Prepare and advertise placement of Request for Quote (RFQ) from vendor
- Organize all procurement activities relating to request for proposals, sealed bid and price quote
- Ensure that all purchase go through the approved procurement process
Required Qualifications/Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Hold a Diploma / Degree in Business / Administration and other recognized equivalent or related fields;
- Experience in financial analysis and decision making
- At least 2 years’ working experience in administration with proven knowledge on procurement procedures and processes
- Experience in managing contracts with various vendors
- Excellent computer/IT skills to include competent use of Microsoft Office Package
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet project deadlines
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548476 to apply for this job .