Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities.
HIFASS is currently seeking professionals for the Protection and Assistance to the Cameroonian Refugees (PACR) Project aimed at providing quality services for health care, nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) intervention in some LGAs in Benue.
- The United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) is providing emergency assistance to refugees in Cross River and Benue states respectively.
- Response includes distribution of food and non-food items, health assistance and shelter. HIFASS is to provide Public Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services to the 20,485 registered Cameroonian refugees in Benue (3, 517) and Cross River (16, 790) States and other new arrivals of Cameroonian refugees.
Purpose of Position
- The Program/M&E Officer will work within the Technical unit and in the field office of HIFASS to provide project management support in the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of Health assistance and WASH intervention for Cameroonian refugees.
- The incumbent undertakes field visits to monitor the implementation of program and introduce corrective measures where needed.
- H/She will provide support and ensure excellent execution of activities within planned timelines and scope, and with high quality in line with UNHCR’s programming polices and guidelines in the field office;
- H/She will be involved in overseeing the operational aspects and logistics related to execution of project activities;
- He/she will ensure the collection, management, analyses, and sharing of documents, data and materials to the right personnel, workers, and stakeholders;
- Ensure that project activities are implemented to meet the objectives of the Project Partnership Agreements (PPAs) in the field office;
- Assist in developing contingency plans and adjusting programming to respond to new and emerging operational challenges for the regions;
- Assist in developing work plan and project reports in compliance with UNHCR’s global and regional priorities;
- Ensure that HIFASS and partner staff are familiar with UNHCR’s programme policies and guidelines;
- Undertake field visits to evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of UNHCR programming;
- Apply UNHCR’s corporate RBM tools to record data, assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level;
- Assist in monitoring compliance to the organization’s resource allocation framework, providing support and taking corrective action where required;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications/Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Public Health, Nursing and Science or related field. (Master's in a related field will be an added advantage);
- Empowering and Building Trust;
- Managing Resources;
- Analytical Thinking;
- Planning and Organizing;
- Political Awareness.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548475 to apply for this job .