The Awareness Media Limited, a newly incorporated news/media company poised to raise the bar in quality, factual, informative and development based news to a wide an audience. To actualize this, the company is currently recruiting to fill this position
- The Editor-in-Chief shall oversee the day to day running for the medium and would be someone with sound media experience.
- He shall be the Chairman of the Editorial Board, meaning that he ensures at all times that the medium stays true to its editorial policies and the editorial direction of the medium is under his supervision.
- He takes overall responsibility for the editorial process of the medium.
- Aside having the right contacts and ear for news, the ideal candidate must be highly creative with a well developed ‘editorial eyes’.
- Being the face of the medium his communication skills should be unassailable and he should also have a good understanding of the business of media.
- This position is based in Aba, Abia State, and preference would be given to candidates who either reside in Aba or are willing to live in Aba because the medium needs a hands-on resident Editor-in-Chief at this stage.
- Day to day running of the medium.
- Content development.
- Facts checking.
- Make necessary changes
- Business development of the medium.
- Supervising the entire team
- Driving the editorial direction of the medium.
- Ensure that the company policies are duly followed in writing each article
- A good First Degree in Mass Communications, English, and any communications related field would be considered. Masters Degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences would be an added advantage.
- Between 8 to 10 years unbroken media experience is most preferable.
- Proficiency in English Language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good Managerial Skills
- Knowledge of quality control
- Effective judgment and decision making skills
- Knowledge of basic Defamation/Libel laws
- Very creative, innovative and team player
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548412 to apply for this job .