Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
- Reporting to the Project Director, the Compliance Manager will be responsible for establishing the compliance framework, planning, conducting, and reporting on internal audits and compliance verifications for the Global Fund grant over MSH (country) finance and operations to ascertain that Global Fund and MSH policies and procedures, local laws and regulations, and other applicable GF requirements are followed in conducting financial transactions and operational activities.
- S/he will identify gaps in existing control systems, and provide recommendations to strengthen them while also building on developing and strengthening MSH’s internal policies and SOPs.
- S/he will identify gaps in knowledge and skills; and will train on both existing and improved policies, process flows and SOPs.
- Develop compliance framework and compliance review checklists (tools) for MSH business processes, class of transactions and operations; including specific compliance requirement contained in donor (Global Fund) agreements.
- Develop an annual internal audit and compliance verification plan, based on prioritized risks, for audits and compliance reviews over MSH Nigeria Global Fund Malaria grant operations.
- Continuously assess and review current internal policies and SOPs and updates and/or develops new policies and SOPs as needed, working with the department manager and directors.
- Conducts audits and compliance verifications, in accordance with the audit and compliance verification plans, to ascertain the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance within MSH Corporate and other MSH (country) policy framework and Global Fund grant management policies and regulations and identifies gaps in procedures and controls systems and provides recommendations for corrective actions.
- Conducts audits and compliance reviews of recipients of sub contracts.
- Follows-up on recommendations to ensure they have been substantially implemented.
- Manages and supervises internal audit and compliance team in the performance of the approved annual audit and compliance review plans in addition to the individual roles and responsibilities to ensure they are performing well.
- Documents internal audit testing in audit work papers, detailing the procedures performed and conclusions reached; and submits reports that identify areas of weaknesses and their impact on MSH Nigeria financial and operational activities.
- Conducts internal investigations of fraud and misconduct in collaboration with Corporate Internal Audit Unit.
- Supports the MSH Leadership in the promotion of a culture of integrity and compliance, which includes fraud awareness training and compliance training.
- Identifies gaps in knowledge and skills and develops a training plan; provides internal training based on the training plan on MSH internal control policies and procedures and industry best practice in mitigating risk and fraud.
- Prepares periodic summary reports on audits, investigations, compliance reviews and status of audit corrective actions and presents to the MSH Leadership Team for follow up actions.
- Makes recommendation to the Senior Leadership team on how to close internal audit recommendations.
- Provides guidance and advice with regards to the specific MSH (country) local laws, registration requirements, etc. to ensure full compliance.
- A post-graduate degree in Business Management or field closely related to the assigned responsibilities is required. Professional certification as Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Public Accountant or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Seven plus years of experience in compliance, risk management or audit required. Experience working on Global Fund grants will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Global Fund grant rules and regulations and the U.S Government (OFDA, USAID, CDC, etc) as well as private and bilateral donors.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with financial systems required. Strong working with MS Word, Excel, Access
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal English) and the ability to write clear concise reports.
- Excellent organizational and personal management skills.
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, problem solving and analytical thinking with the ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting way, and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Knowledge or appreciation of (country) in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Leadership, project management and team building skills, including training, giving support and recognizing expertise in others.
- Skilled at influencing activity at a senior level, taking initiative and working independently as well as work a team player; demonstrate cooperation with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues.
- A strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
- Commitment to MSH’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of MSH’s work
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548384 to apply for this job .