An FMCG firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- The General Manager, Retail Operations will be responsible for the day to day profitable operations of
- all physical retail stores in line with the company’s retail operating standards and set objectives. The
- Candidates must be an Inspiring, confident and self-driven person with bias for action in line with our business goals.
The Ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Management, Business Administration or relevant field.
- MBA will be added advantage.
- Minimum of Ten years’ management level experience in a retail/franchise operation for a multi branch
- modern grocery retail chain or FMCG
- The ideal candidate should have had operational excellence and profit goals, oversight and responsibility for a minimum ten (10) superstore modern grocery retail operation or other multibillion
- naira FMCG operations and sales function
Key Responsibilities include:
- Day to day oversight on all assigned retail operating stores
- Visiting individual stores and investigating the performance and operations of each store
- Maintaining best practice visual merchandising standards across all assigned locations
- Ensuring that all the stores are working towards higher profitability
- Assist in the development, update and enforcement of retail operating standards and policies
- Ensuring that all the stores are adhering to and functioning as per company policies
- Provide troubleshooting solutions to stores in times of problems
- Instituting best-in-class loss prevention strategies aimed at protecting company’s assets and managing
- Creates business plan for the stores and communicates same
- Creates end-to-end sales plan, display plans and ad plans customized for each Category
- Maintains comprehensive awareness of industry trends and competitive landscape
- Ensuring proper controls and minimal shrinkage to the company’s inventory
- Working with the Human Resource function to identify and recruit operating staff
- Training and mentoring staff
- Excellent Leadership skills and attention to details
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and power point) & excellent
- presentation skills
- Excellent Business and Finance Acumen. Cost and profit-conscious
- Clear and Effective Communication Skills
- Good Project Management Skills
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548348 to apply for this job .