Greenlight Planet is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1:3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive. Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 30 million people in more than 60 countries.
- The Finance Controller - West Africa will work closely with the Global Controllership Team (located in Mumbai, India), to provide financial expertise with regards to the accounting and tax compliance in Nigeria and other countries in the West Africa where GLP may expand in future.
- This person will be accountable for all the accounting and reporting for Nigerian (and Other countries in West Africa in future) books of accounts for Greenlight Planet. He or she will be also responsible for ensuring compliance with Nigerian tax laws and regulations and accounting as per Local GAAP.
Closure of books and audits:
- Ensuring accurate month-close/quarter-close and year-close processes and manage all financial reporting responsibilities
- Lead closure of all statutory and tax audits, external and internal audits
- Finalization of the financial statements and perform the required analytical review of the financial statements
- Discuss auditor queries and close all issues raised by the auditors
- Manage tax and overall account reconciliations to ensure the balance sheet is stated accurately
- Responsible for ensuring accounting in accordance with Local GAAP and US GAAP
Taxes and local compliance:
- Manage all direct and indirect tax filings, reporting, analysis and all of its underlying processes
- Assist in all Transfer pricing assessments, filings, reporting and processes
- Assist in liaising with the Service provider for getting the Transfer pricing study completed on a yearly basis
- Responsible for preparing the necessary Tax reporting package on a quarterly basis for provision of all the status updates to Global finance team
- Responsible for ensuring that the correct with-holding tax rate has been used for deducting the tax for all the required heads and all relevant items have been included for with-holding tax deduction
- Responsible for getting the remittance done on time for all statutory payments on monthly, quarterly or annually.
- Responsible for maintenance of the monthly Compliance Dashboard and to ensure that all statutory payments are made on time
- Partner with global finance team to execute finance initiatives across organization as required from time to time
- Drive visibility into variable cost accounting, variable cost productivity, project margins analysis and other key financial metrics.
- Responsible for creation of masters with all the relevant information of the customers and vendors and maintenance of necessary documents for them
- Lead the process of employee reimbursements
- Assist the Global team in consolidation of accounts for different entities under direct control
- Ensure all local secretarial compliances are done on time
- Lead the process for establishing finance and reporting function in the countries in West Africa where GLP may expand in future
- Chartered Accountant/ CPA or equivalent
- 4-5 years relevant hands-on work experience in Controllership, accounting or taxation practices
- Relevant work experience with Big 4 audit firms or MNCs
- Excellent analytical skills, able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking/problem solving, able to lead projects/process improvement within operations/finance function
- Able to break down complex issues into simpler steps and resolve them
- Fluent in written and verbal English communication
- Excellent presentation skills and strong executive presence
- Ability to prioritize & promote teamwork
- Willing to participate and engage in operations in addition to finance
- Excellent grasp of MS Excel and MS power point
- Should be flexible, willing to stretch and achieve over and above base expectations.
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548347 to apply for this job .