The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The main purpose of Job
- The main purpose of this job is to act as Office Manager, providing administrative support to the National Crime Agency (NCA)-led Joint Border Task Force project team, based in the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos. This is a multi-agency team consisting of UK-based officers and staff from NCA, Home Office and Crown Prosecution Service and locally-engaged support staff.
- The job holder will need to demonstrate a high level of integrity and discretion. All candidates should be aware that the appointment is subject to security checks and clearance prior to taking up the post.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Project Lead, maintain and update accurate financial records in support of the management of an annual budget in excess of £2 million;
- Provide administrative support to the JBTF Project Lead and wider project team;
- Complete other corporate records in a timely and accurate manner;
- Manage locally engaged staff - A2(L) Project Support Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a thorough understanding of FCO and NCA financial management and procurement processes;
- Maintain and update accurate financial records in support of FCO and NCA budget management and procurement processes;
- Co-ordinate and deliver effective administrative support to the JBTF Project Team. This may include booking flights and accommodation and providing logistical support to training events, workshops and conferences;
- Maintain and update the JBTF Asset Register, including the supervising the management of the vehicle fleet;
- Timely completion of own performance records as well as of those managed;
- Performing ad hoc duties identified and commensurate with the role.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Language: English
- Level of language required: Fluent.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Understanding of basic procurement and financial processes.
- Experience and/or qualification in Project Management (Prince2).
- Experience in financial record keeping.
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting Monthly Salary
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
- Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- Project Management (Prince2);
- Human resource management training;
- Advanced MS Office training (if required)
- Develop knowledge of NCA core business areas, policies and procedures.
- The role will be office-based due to the requirement to access IT systems. Some flexibility in working hours will be considered but will largely be restricted to core business hours due to access issues.
- Job sharing could be considered if two suitable candidates were identified.
- Observe the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s diversity and equality policies.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Candidates should be UK passport holders with a recent 5-year verifiable footprint within the UK.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548096 to apply for this job .