Located in the heart of Lagos, Nigeria's foremost commercial city, Comercio Partners, is a limited-liability company with core business in trading fixed income securities and equities as well as providing financial advisory and assets management services to domestic and international investors in the Sub-Saharan African Capital Market. From the financial markets to real estate, we aim to build an investment ecosystem of choice with the strategic intent of empowering minds in Africa while creating and delivering professionally, superior value across all asset classes to all our stakeholders.
The role of the accountant is to look after the business books as well as handle, prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data and financial transactions of the business. The accountant will also recommend financial actions by analyzing information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the company.
The following is a list of responsibilities for the Accountant:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data, preparing reports.
- Prepares budget and financial forecasts
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, and other tax requirements.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing a balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Reconciles financial reports to database systems.
- Assists in the development of responses to internal and external audit requests.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation, and legislation
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Graduate degree (BSc/HND) in Accounting, Finance or a relevant field. ICAN or ACCA qualification is an added advantage.
- Proven work experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Coordination and Time Management skills
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548040 to apply for this job .