DDB specifically was built on the premise of diversity and inclusion. DDB founder Bill Bernbach was the first one to partner a copywriter and an art director in a room, which by chance was a female and a male. We’re still building on that legacy and are always looking for new ways to do so. Hiring the best talent is one of the most important things we do at DDB. If you're talented and nice then we'd like to hear from you.
This position reports to the Financial Controller. Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the General Accounting, Accounts Receivable and Cash Application functions. Supervises the accounting staff with day-to-day and periodic accounting functions. Manages the monthly close process, ensuring that all entries are correctly inputted and accurately reflect the financial events of the current period and adhere to best accounting practices and standards.
- Ensure that all deliverables are completed within the corporate and timeline, including reporting requirements. Performs detailed account analyses, identifies account misstatements and courses of action to correct. Prepares monthly reconciliations and reports for all balance sheet accounts.
- Investigates any exceptions and determines the appropriate course of action.
- Works closely with the payroll function to ensure that all wage-related information is accurately reflected in the financial statements and all appropriate accruals are made.
- Assists the Financial Controller to Develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures for accounting related functions.
- Consistently reviews processes and gives recommendations for improvement.
- Acts as cash manager in maintaining cash balances for all bank accounts independently determines appropriate balances and necessary transfers. Leads supervise and develops staff. Prepares monthly and quarterly sales tax analysis and payments.
- BSc degree in Accounting, ACA and/or MBA preferred 3-5 years experience in large company overseeing an accounting staff. Advanced Excel skills; working knowledge of financial systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines. Results oriented individual with the ability to take the initiative, and follow through on projects and processes with little supervision.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/548018 to apply for this job .