A firm in the real estate sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- To maintain health and safety according to the International Labor Organization (ILO) standard.
- “To prevent and maintain the highest degree of physical, mental and social well-being while preventing ill-health among workers that may be caused by materials and processes used in their working or work place” as amended.
- To reduce the degree and the number of accidents and/ or incidents on deployed sites through but not limited to activities such as: daily site talks, strict monitoring of casual workers and other company staff in compliance with the safety policy/ manual.
- To protect staff, equipment, brand name, business reputation and safety processes.
- To manage safety processes effectively and efficiently to ensure that the safety standards set by the Company, are strictly complied to as stipulated in the safety manual and other regulations in our operating environment.
- To provide full time support and advice to site project teams ensuring that all practice follow our safety and regulatory standards.
- To lead and support all our HSE initiative/ activity ensuring that they are embedded and sustained as a culture in all our building activities.
- To train all staff on the usage of our safety manual (regularly updating the manual with improvement imperatives).
- To lead all HSE management initiatives through site safety offices ensuring that safety is entrenched across all our site locations.
- To conduct incident investigations to determine root cause(s), contributory factors and consequent follow-up actions aimed at preventing a re-occurrence.
- To organize and coordinate training sessions for employees, contractors and visitors when required or as is applicable toward company operations and needs.
- To maintain the relationship with all HSE regulatory government agencies and bodies, local as well as international.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the HSE Manager.
- To ensure that work statements are prepared for every work that is to be done on site, ensuring that the work statements are fully complied to.
- To conduct/ develop risk assessment documents based on each work statement and enforce preventive measures.
Qualifications: Degree level is the benchmark or equivalent experience, skills and aptitudes.
ISPON Membership (Associate as minimum).
Nebosh (IGC or Diploma)
Competencies and Core Skills:
Decision Making Computer Literacy.
Customer Service Power of persuasion.
Planning and Organizing.
Problem Solving and Decision Making.
Influence and Impact.
Attention to Detail.
Experience: 4 years (or more) of experience in Health, Safety and Environment
3 years (or more) in construction with Senior HSE role.
Must have broad knowledge of national and international regulations
Must be familiar with all relevant environmental laws
Added advantage: membership of IOSH, IIRSM and CIEH
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/547946 to apply for this job .