International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
The selected candidate(s) will support the implementation of the Cash Based Transfer program by ensuring that proper sensitization of community is done prior to the census and targeting of beneficiaries to be included in the CBT Mobile Money modality.
The candidate(s) will further be involved in the SCOPE registration while ensuring that the process is carried out effectively, efficiently and with dignity to the beneficiaries.
- Lead in regular community/ partner sensitization or mobilization activities to CBT beneficiaries geared towards creating awareness on the IMC CBT program activities including beneficiary enrolment, eligibility and targeting process.
- Actively participate in formation of targeting committees within the localities of the CBT sites.
- Participate in the formation of the targeting criteria and the targeting process while ensuring that the process is credible.
- Carry out spot checks on the targeted beneficiaries to certify that the process was well done.
- Prepare and participate in the SCOPE registration of all targeted beneficiaries.
- Carry out MUAC screening for all children and record them during the SCOPE registration.
- Carry out referrals of children with SAM and MAM to the respective programs covered under IMC or other partners.
- Prepare regular reports on the progress of the various stages of the targeting and registration process.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
- Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in any Science, Social Sciences or any other related discipline and at least two years of professional experience in Nutrition and Food Security program interventions. Experience in northeast Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Possess good interpersonal skills – able to work with diverse stakeholders and partners effectively
- Have demonstrated experience and knowledge of data quality techniques.
- Have good understanding and knowledge of the local situation and community dynamics including cultural, gender and protection issues, including ability to effectively convey information in local languages.
- Have expertise in entering, transcribing, recording, maintaining data/ information in written or electronic forms (previous experience in enumeration preferred).
- Have previous NGO experience in a similar setting.
- Experience in community mobilization and sensitization as well as Community-based Management of acute Malnutrition and Food Security programming in an emergency setting.
- Competence with the use of MS application packages (Word, Excel and database software) and report writing.
- Strong leadership, coordination, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
- Strong communication and public speaking skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Capacity to work under stressful situations.
- Good field work skills with good understanding of organization’s project area.
- Ability to command crowds of people and in good relationship with the local community leadership and community members.
- Good knowledge of English (reading, writing, speaking). Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications, addressed to the "Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps"
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/547928 to apply for this job .