Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters. In Nigeria, Deloitte is a leading professional services firm, providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory, Business Process and Corporate Finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
- We are seeking suitably qualified high performing professionals (Managers and Senior Managers) to join our Audit & Assurance business.
- You will be involved in providing assurance services to our portfolio of international and local clients in several industries including Banking, securities, life and general insurance sectors, Consumer and Industrial Products, Manufacturing, Construction, FMGCs, Oil and Gas etc.
- You will be responsible for the execution of the Deloitte risk based audit approach, managing engagements and leading audit teams during the fieldwork.
- In addition, you will have the opportunity to provide a variety of non-assurance services to our clients.
- Successful applicants will have the opportunity to develop their managerial and leadership skills, technical knowledge of the Audit business as well as having the opportunity to work with a number of high profile organizations.
- The position reports to Audit Partner and will have direct responsibility for a number of audit teams.
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work.
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
- Contribute to proposals development and delivery.
- Identifying ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value.
- Manage project financials, including budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition.
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives.
- Strategically manage client needs by understanding their business and key risks and addressing situations before they become crises, developing solutions to avoid recurrence.
- Act as role model, supervisor, coach, and mentor to Consultants and Senior Consultants on projects
- Undertake wider office activities, as required.
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Requirements, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BSc,BA,BEng/Tech., etc.) from a recognized University with a minimum of second class upper
- Minimum of 5 credits in O’Level or accepted equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- 6 - 12+ years of audit or financial reporting/accounting experience
- Prior experience in professional services, preferably at Deloitte
- In depth knowledge of accounting standards (US GAAP or IFRS) and the ability to advise/research complex technical accounting and transaction issues
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating sound judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience with working independently on multiple assignments or engagements
- Good client management experience and project coordination skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy and performance drive, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and pay keen attention to details
- Creativity, confidence and flexibility
- Certifications desired: ICAN, ACCA, CPA, CIA, CFA, etc.
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/547052 to apply for this job .