Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters. In Nigeria, Deloitte is a leading professional services firm, providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory, Business Process and Corporate Finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
- We are seeking suitably qualified high performing professionals to join our Audit & Assurance business as Associate Directors.
- You will be involved in providing assurance services to our portfolio of international and local clients in several industries including the Oil and Gas, Consumer and Industrial Products, FMGCs, Banking, securities, life and general insurance sectors.
- You will be responsible for providing direction and leading the execution of the Deloitte risk based audit approach. In addition, you will have the opportunity to provide a variety of non-assurance services to our clients.
- Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with a number of high profile organizations and further develop their leadership abilities.
- The position reports to the Audit Business Leader and will have direct responsibility for a number of audit teams as follows.
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service
- Ensure our top clients get a consistent experience and the very best of Deloitte across the network
- Serve as a “go-to” internal leader to manage our clients and make strategic decisions
- Provide guidance on all areas involving accounting/finance functions to include: financial reporting, operational accounting, technical accounting, transactions
- Manage client accounts, projects, and engagements, including: work plans, staffing, deadlines, project financials and budgets throughout all lifecycle phases – strategy, goal-setting, deliverables, and maintaining an integrated project plan
- Create presentations that effectively inform and influence client decisions and participate in the development of ways to meet client needs
- Act as role model, supervisor, coach, and mentor to Senior Consultants and Managers on projects
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives.
- Develop timely resolutions to issues and risks
- Foster a spirit of collaboration among team members and maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
- Generate new and add-on business opportunities, develop delivery methodologies and new service offerings
- Improve contracting, pricing, and mobility processes. Set business standards for managing regulatory related matters that may impact Deloitte and working cross- functionally to mitigate risks and manage outcomes.
- Protect and enrich our brand through brand definition and promotion, while adopting global brand standards
- Undertake wider office activities, as required.
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
- Bachelor’s degree (BSc, BA,BEng/Tech) from a recognized University with a minimum of second class upper
- Minimum of 5 credits in O’ Level or accepted equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- 11 - 15+ years of audit or financial reporting/accounting experience
- Prior experience in professional services, preferably at Deloitte
- In depth knowledge of accounting standards (US GAAP or IFRS) and the ability to advise/research complex technical accounting and transaction issues
- Proven leadership, project management, and client service skills with consistent success in building and developing strong client relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy, enthusiasm, excellent organizational skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and pay keen attention to details with excellent project management skills
- Creativity, confidence and flexibility
- Certifications desired: ICAN, ACCA, CPA, CIA, CFA, etc.
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/547051 to apply for this job .