Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
The context of the role
- The need to remain competitive and conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner requires the establishment of effective supplier quality management.
- Enhancement of Supplier inputs quality is critical in meeting the quality improvements required to achieve this standard.
Purpose of the role
- To collaboratively manage Quality Audits and on-going improvement of delivered inputs for Packaging components and Services activities across Nigeria.
The complexity of the role:
- Liaise with Procurement, Production, Packaging, Brewery Logistic and Customer Services departments to ensure that target volumes and quality are achieved.
- The role holder ensures that adequate guidance is provided to the team members.
- Develop the introduction of new Vendors through implement accreditation audits of Supplier premises before engagement, Liaison visits, and incoming inspection/ plant scale trials.
- Implement the Audit schedule for all component stores to ensure adherence to storage and handling standards.
- Implement the programme for Third Party Operations (TPO) audits and prepare annual plan/schedule for Third party Operation audits and Technical Liaison visits.
- Ensure adherence to specified quality standards through rigorous accreditation audits of Supplier premises prior to engagement.
- Manage fitness for purpose and due diligence checks for new glass bottles through in-house and third-party analyses and plant scale trials.
- Manage supplier non-conformance report (SNCR) for all packaging components and liaise with Vendors on SNCR and ensure corrective actions are duly closed out.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- HND/University degree in Sciences or related field. Master’s degree may be an added advantage.
- IBD Brewing Qualification is an added advantage.
- 5-7 year’s brewery experience in Inbound Quality Management and Supply Operations
- Good knowledge of Diageo GRMS, DWB, and other Local/International regulatory standards
- Auditing experience and Training
- Self-motivated and achievement-oriented leader. Good cultural awareness
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/546773 to apply for this job .