Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
- This role, although Lagos-based, will serve the revenue department in the US, and thus you will operate as the Executive Assistant to the VP of Sales and Marketing, who lead the Andela Revenue Department.
- Your responsibilities will include schedule maintenance, correspondence, travel logistics, and stakeholder management. This role will require that you work cross-functionally across all levels of the organization and develop a rapport with stakeholders in Andela offices across US, Nigeria, Kenya, and Uganda.
- Your main objective is to expand the bandwidth of the VP of Sales and Marketing. You will report to the Executive Coordinator of the Nigeria Country Director.
- This opportunity provides an unparalleled lens into the startup world and top-level strategy at a unique time of rapid growth for Andela. If you want the chance to jump onboard our mission-fueled rocket ship, we hope to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
The specific responsibilities of the Executive Assistant will include:
- Owning and managing administrative tasks of the VP of Sales and Marketing
- Managing an extremely busy and active calendar or appointments.
- Coordinating the flow of information to the Revenue Desk as required for policy and operational decisions.
- Coordinating sensitive correspondence for the Revenue Desk
- Screening calls (phone and video) and visitors on behalf of the VPs of Sales and Marketing
- Arranging and managing travel itinerary, agenda and logistics.
- Anticipating the admin needs of the Revenue desk and proactively bringing together appropriate people and resources to support the departments agenda.
- Assisting in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- Managing external contacts; proactively understanding who they are, and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts
- Will be operating 12pm - 8pm WAT weekdays to allow for a 5hr overlap with Andela's NYC office
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A great candidate for this role has the following attributes:
- Is a polished professional having significant experience (minimum 3 years) supporting a senior executive/senior management
- Has experience at a startup or other high-growth/fast-paced organizations
- Has a degree from an accredited College or University.
- Has a strong proficiency with Google Apps: Calendar, Hangouts, Docs, Sheets
- Understands the complexities of working with a distributed team
- Is comfortable with self-managing
- Able to work with a manager in a different location and time zone
- Has excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills
- Can plan and conduct complex and sensitive administrative and operational duties
- Is able to identify management and operational problems, investigate and evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions
- Can interpret, explain and apply complex policies, regulations, and procedures
- Can organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines
- Has very strong logistical management skills
- Must be an all-around awesome person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/546761 to apply for this job .