Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Project Overview and Role
Propcom Mai-Karfi was a six year DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced employment opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in northern Nigeria. It now has a three-year extension 2018-2021 to work in a reduced number of states from mid-2018:
- Tier 1 (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe)
- Tier 2 (Gombe, Taraba and Bauchi) and
- Partnership states / Tier 3 (Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa)
- To coordinate and manage the Knowledge Management requirements of the Propcom Mai-karfi Programme and ensure that programme knowledge is duly generated, organised for ease of retrieval and shared to help with effective management of the programme.
- Manage the knowledge management activities of the programme ensuring progress and achievements are documented (to agreed formats where applicable), stored in an accessible manner and disseminated to relevant internal and external audiences (both at national and international levels) in an appropriate and timely manner and in conjunction with the Communications Manager.
The Knowledge Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the knowledge management hub of the programme to ensure that relevant documents are made available and kept up-to-date.
- Assist with the collation and dissemination of lessons learnt both internally and externally (in conjunction with the Communications Manager).
- Work closely with the Results Measurement, Technical team and Support team to provide support to programme management and implementation.
- Produce reports to document the results and achievements of the programme, in conjunction with the Communications Manager where appropriate.
- Assist the Communication Manager and other team members to develop case studies and other communication materials.
- Assist in the preparation of programmes quarterly and annual reports.
- Work in close coordination with the Communications Manager to maintain an up to date knowledge of the external Branding requirements / guidance of Palladium and DFID Nigeria in regards to external communication material.
The Knowledge Manager should have:
- A bachelors degree in Journalism, Business Management, Librarian Studies / Mass Communications or any other humanities.
- 1-2 years of work experience in an organisation with clear knowledge management requirements, with an international business or INGO would be advantageous
- Good IT and Network skills set
- Good written and spoken English.
- Experience reviewing and writing reports based on data and evidence and fragmented narrative reports.
- Experience in developing and publishing tailored and innovative communications material.
- Experience in implementing communications strategy in an international development programme along with colleagues will be advantageous.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/546606 to apply for this job .