A firm in the oil and gas sector seeks qualified candidates to fill to fill this role
- The Environmental Manager is responsible for overseeing the environmental Teams and units.
- A knowledgeable environmental project manager combines organizational and management skills with expertise on environmental issues and regulations to advice and help businesses and clients
- The Environmental Manager will provide expert assessment and advisory services to clients on matters pertaining to the management of environmental issues and liaise with regulators. In doing so:
- Coordinate all aspects of Environmental Studies, Health and Safety, pollution control, waste management, Oil spill clean up and remediation, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- Must have extensive knowledge of environmental regulations, and can advice clients, organisations and institutions on environmental matters
- Must have extensive scientific and technical knowledge and experience to conduct or oversee various environmental assessments
- Prepare and Produce scientific and technical proposals and reports
- Assess business practices to make sure organisations are meeting environmental laws and regulations
- Co-ordinate or Collect data in field studies or at sites
- Analyse and interpret the data gathered in field surveys
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and best practices
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with Local, National and international regulation and legislation
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce environmental risks for organisations and projects
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising
- Coordinate public hearings and consultations on environmental matters when required
- Manage relations with the board of directors, senior management and internal staff
- Monitor and mentor staff at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities
- Negotiate environmental service agreements, sub-contractors and manage associated costs and revenues
- Prepare technical proposals and scientific reports for new projects.
- Manage and monitor environmental project activities to ensure timely completion.
- Obtain environmental permits and develop environmental programs for clients.
- Build positive and long-term working relationships with clients.
Qualifications & Skill
- A University Degree in an Engineering field, related Science or any Environmental related discipline
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate reliability and a strong work ethic, be detail oriented, exhibit time management skills, and perform work accurately in a team-oriented environment.
- Display a high level of computer literacy; Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Access).
- Ability to understand detailed instructions and documents, to work independently, and to work as part of a team
- Show initiative, to recognise emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions
- Demonstrate strong leadership and influence
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate staff at all levels
- Show commercial awareness and an understanding of business
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Manage projects as well as produce and deliver presentations
- Establish effective networks within the company and with external organizations.
- Project management and business skills
A relevant postgraduate qualification or/and a business development qualification or significant experience in environmental activities carried out may be considered as important as knowledge of environmental aspects.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/546356 to apply for this job .