Protégé Management is a premier boutique Human Resource Consulting and Executive Search organisation that offer both local and international companies bespoke human resource consulting products and services across diverse sectors.
Protege Management is recruiting for a competitive value providers and result oriented individuals on behalf of its firm client to fill this strategic role
Job Field: Legal Services
The Legal Officer will serves as legal advisor to the company, oversee every aspect of the business’s legal affairs, responsible for litigation secretaries works in the office of the Company Secretary/Legal Advisor, regulation compliance, management of leasing and property belonging to the company and also assist in training company’s staff to stay within the law.
- Legal Affairs Functions:
- Provide legal advice/administration on company related matters.
- Interpret the implication of all regulatory and internal policy issues for the appropriate departments to ensure compliance.
- Serve as the company’s named representative on legal documents, in addition to the CEO.
- Advise directors and board members about their legal responsibilities to the Company.
- Oversee the conduct of legal research and provides legal update on modern trends on arbitration, conciliation and mediation.
- Assist with review of new contracts as well as service level agreements or changes to existing contracts with several providers.
- Serve as a legal resource person on professional services projects from time to time.
- Board Secretary Functions:
- Circulate calling notices, agenda and minutes of the annual general meeting or any special or extraordinary general meetings.
- Act as Company Secretary and carry out all duties needed for that rote according to company law and corporate governance assignments.
- Send company information to institutional investors.
- Plan, administer and review corporate governance activities and effective practice concerning company board meetings and shareholdings, keeping track of all business matters and transactions are managed and implemented as directed by the Board.
- Review legislative, regulatory and governance developments that may impact on the firm.
- Contribute to the organisations annual director’s report.
- Prepare and circulate agenda as wet as supporting papers in consultation with the Managing Director in good time and of high quality.
- Prepare minutes of meetings and circulates to the Board and Board Committee members.
- Ensure that meeting minutes are signed by the Board and Board Committee Chairmen once they have been approved.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Board.
- An LLB Degree and BL in Law.
- 8+ years' experience in relevant field.
- Applicable professional qualification including ICSAN.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, experience in legal practice and administration with a reputable organisation, preferably in the service industry or other industries of the financial sector.
- Experience in the implementation of Corporate Governance Principles at the Board and organisational levels.
- Oral communication skills: makes clear, compelling and well organised oral presentations to individuals and groups; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed or provides an appropriate response.
- Written Communications: presents accurate written information clearly and concisely; expresses ideas in writing in a clear, logical and organized manner, determines the most effective methods to disseminate information to a variety of different audiences.
- Procedural Expertise: knowledge of procedures and processes required to perform a job or role; handles matters of confidential nature for senior staff and band officials.
- Time Management: ability to organize prioritize, and where applicable delegate work activities to efficiently accomplish tasks and meet departmental objectives.
- An attractive package comprising a fixed and performance productivity pay.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/546185 to apply for this job .