CMB Building, Maintenance & Investment Co. Limited (CMB), established in 2002, operates as an all-inclusive Real estate development organization. The company's objective is to revolutionize the real estate industry to the point where participation is feasible across all classes of income.
- To ensure accurate reporting of financial transactions and effective management of financial resources and systems.
- Liaises with HOD, FPR to develop/update and implement financial and accounting policies, procedures and strategies across the Group.
- Manages the day-to-day accounting transactions and ensures the accurate recordings/postings of financial data.
- Prepares the trial balance and financial reports (bank reconciliations, balance sheet, profit and loss accounts).
- Implements control systems and processes to secure the organization’s assets.
- Acts to ensure the accuracy of inventory balances by reconciling the book balance of stock/cash to physical balances.
- Monitors the fixed asset ledgers to ensure the accuracy of balances by effectively reconciling book balance to physical balance.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors to discuss and resolve queries.
- Provides detailed and accurate reports to Executive management on a regular basis to support business objectives.
- Analyze and interpret financial information for Company strategic planning and business decision making.
- Prepare weekly work plans and time sheets for submission to Head of Department.
- Departmental Budget Savings of at least 20%.
- Promptness of service delivery and support for other departments.
- Be a role model for the entire team and always keep the team morale and energy high.
- Provide Accounting policy (Specific to Financial Reporting) orientation for new employees admitted into the department.
- Closure of audit non-conformity within the stipulated time
- Attendance at the departmental quality meeting and technical meetings.
Performance Area Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- The integrity of physical and electronic accounting financial information.
- Timely resolution of accounts discrepancies.
- Accuracy in documentation and easy retrieval of financial transaction records.
- A number of timely losses within the Organization on various transactions identified.
- Timely reconciliation of accounts.
- Timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of financial reports.
- The relevance of reports to decision making.
- Compliance and record management
- Timely completion of reconciliation of accounts.
- Accuracy in filing and easy retrieval of documents.
- Non-compliance of staff to finance policies and procedures.
- No. of detected breaches in internal controls.
- Frequency and number of fraud incidents.
- Managing the team efficiently.
- Contribution to the employee productivity.
- Prompt submission of Monthly and Quarterly performance reports.
Key Skills And Competencies
- Excellent follow through, ability to pay attention to details and organizational skills.
- High level of professionalism and dedication towards work.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skill
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Strategic thinking, forecasting and planning skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and computer skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Business Management/Economics
- Minimum of 6 years experience in Accounting
- Real Estate experience is an added advantage
- Must be professionally qualified as an Accountant
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and state the Job Role as the Subject.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545930 to apply for this job .