GVA Partners - Our client, a large Bank, Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position above.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing specialist desktop services support (maintenance, development, and security) and also participate as a member of the Technical Services team to ensure the successful integration and delivery of IT services.
- The right candidate will possess a high skill level in supporting the environments at an enterprise level.
- Provide expert level (level 3) support for desktops, pcs, laptops, printers, scanners and associated software.
- Install operating systems/applications on users’ workstations and provide Active Directory, DHCP & DNS Support.
- Troubleshoot and repair basic LAN, WAN and internet issues at various locations specified within the domain
- Create and re-set user accounts on Domain and Active Directory servers.
- Provide post-implementation support, guidance, and advice to the user community.
- Investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problems identified by the Desktop Services team or escalated through the incident management process.
- Evaluate and develop desktop fault corrections, site-specific modifications, and work-around updating system documentation accurately and consistently
- Develop maintenance schedules and procedures, using application management software tools and techniques to investigate problems, collect performance statistics and create reports
- Collaborate with other team members in end-user support to integrate technologies with appropriate systems and applications across the organization.
- Recommend improvements and contribute to the implementation of agreed changes, architecture and design structures, tools and maintenance routines.
- Prepare and maintain operational documentation for OS and application software, providing advice where necessary on the correct and effective use of application software.
- Develop, maintain and document detailed knowledge of desktop management and process improvement, updating configuration management records where necessary.
- Provide appropriate status reports to team members, managers and users
- Contribute to project plans for the implementation of upgrades and developments to systems and services.
- 8+ years working experience with MS Office, Web/Internet technologies Windows 2000/XP/Vista Patch Management, Citrix, Anti-virus, Windows 200X Server, Enterprise Service Desk.
- Exceptional skills in the implementation and support of the following applications: Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8.1, Operating System Patch management.
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 r2 and MS Exchange 2010.
- Cluster support and fail-over experience
- Basic Network security knowledge.
- Knowledgeable in Active Directory Domain Services.
- Enterprise Service Desk experience
- Antivirus Application experience
- Lockdown and global domain control experience
- Cisco Switches and Routers
- Service Desk Management experience
- Experience in the use of remote network management tools: lockdown and global domain control services.
- Deep knowledge of MS SCCM,
- Hands on experience with MS imaging software solutions such as MS Deployment toolkit, Ghost, Acronis etc.
- Enterprise-level experience.
- Ability to support a variety of technologies and systems independently, resolve problems and pro-actively communicate solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a thorough approach to quality issues and documentation.
- Good sense of customer orientation and team working
- Demonstrated desire and ability to effectively learn new technology-committed to continuous learning and development on the job through self-study and formal courses.
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's in MS Word format with Cover Letters "Windows/Desktop Specialist" as the subject of the email.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545913 to apply for this job .