An esteemed company seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- The Head of Business Development will support business growth across all solutions and the achievement of Arca revenue targets by articulating and driving the delivery of a strategic business development plan
The role will be charged but not limited to the following responsibilities:
Strategy Development & Planning
- Provide insights into the Executive Management to support the development of the Sales strategic plan and execution approach
- Prepares the annual Sales plan in line with the Company strategy and submits to the COO for approval.
- Communicates and cascades the sales strategy and plans to the team members
- Draws up weekly sales plan for the Team: Draws up an activity list of prospective clients and reviews with COO for possible inputs
- Oversees the generation of relevant market intelligence and feeds this to the COO/Executive management towards crafting effective strategies to improve product market share
- Oversees and coordinates the day to day activities of the sales team and ensures sales and service targets are achieved
- Agrees on annual scorecard measures and sales targets with team members based on agreed objectives and targets
- Coaches challenges team members and works to ensure that they are empowered to deliver on agreed targets
- Engages with the relevant internal support functions to build team member’s capabilities through training eg HR, Finance
- Develops tactical initiatives to bridge identified gaps
- Coordinates sales activities (presentation, prospecting)
- Prospects for new opportunities and identifies new profitable customers for Arca products/Services
- Mobilises team to build a viable customer pipeline
- Engages with relevant internal and external contacts to generate sales leads /opportunities and product ideas
- Follows up on leads and opportunities to ensure they are translated into sales
- Cross-sells and up-sells group’s products & solutions to existing clients/ customers
- Identifies networking opportunities, sales conferences and events that would provide a positive impact on the sales bottom line
- Attends exhibitions to generate sales leads/opportunities that can be converted to sales post-event
- Carries out external presentations to potential customers; performs customer demonstrations
- Develops proposals for customers
- Negotiates contract & payment terms with clients, reviews and prepare tenets of agreements/ MOU/NDA and works with the Legal team to finalize and execute the contracts with client
- Ensures that relevant documents and agreements with clients/sales opportunities are executed and linked to the customer profile
- Actively uses and ensures that team members maintain accurately & up to date information on all clients (customer database)
- Prepares and attends Performance Evaluation sessions with COO
Customer Relationship and Account management
- Develops, manages and sustains accounts relationships for future business success
- Develops and maintains a strong relationship with key customers
- Liaises with relevant internal teams to ensure customer issues and complaints are properly resolved (escalates where necessary)
- Carries out account management activities using the key account management framework
Competition/Market Feedback Analysis
- Monitors trends in client buying behavior and provides relevant market feedback about competing products & solutions to Executive Management/relevant internal teams
- Understands industry trends and sells value proposition based on case studies
- Provides input about competitor product (features/pricing/strategy) that can aid Arca offering/sales efforts
- Coordinates team members & works with finance to ensure that all balance payments for signed off projects from clients are promptly paid within stipulated periods
Risk Management & Compliance
- Promptly flags off any risk or compliance issues likely to affect sales opportunities (existing/potential)
- Ensures proper agreements & MOU are duly executed with clients and securely filed
Performance Review and Monitoring
- Carries out a daily review of open opportunities for the team to ensure they are closed in the month of consideration
- Reviews set targets against actual with the COO with respect to sales turnover and revenue
- Reviews possible revenue lines and income for the coming quarter to ensure that company performance remains on track
- Monitors sales performance & deviations from targets
- Prepares and submit weekly, monthly reports on sales activities to the COO & CEO
- Prepares periodic reports on growth and opportunities in the assigned sector
- Prepares a periodic report on revenue analysis
- Prepares ad hoc reports on sales activities as required from time to time.
- University Degree pref. in Banking / Business Management / Marketing.
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant experience with at least 5 years in leading and overseeing strategy development or driving new business.
- Exceptional presentation skills, has experience working with C-level executives
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint with ability to create executive level management presentations
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth.
- Natural leader and motivator of sales and business development teams.
- Ambitious and target focused with a drive to succeed.
- Strong organizational skills
- Driven individual who can lead and work independently and consistently deliver accurate information on-time
- Advanced skills in written and oral communications
Compensation and benefits are highly attractive and competitive.
We make it a point to review all application received and contact those we want to speak to further within 10 calendar days. With that in mind, if we are interested in a further discussion, you will hear from us again within 10 calendar days from the date of your application submission.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545906 to apply for this job .