Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a registered reputable national non-governmental organization that provides socio-economic empowerment to orphans, vulnerable children and widows in Nigeria.
- This position reports to the Manager-Internal Audit & Compliance, the successful candidate will be responsible for the review of WEWE internal control systems and compliance with WEWE, donor, statutory rules and regulations.
- S/He will also be responsible for conducting financial reviews and audits of Implementing Agents (IAs) or sub-recipients/sub-contractors.
- S/He will conduct a quarterly review of WEWE field offices operations to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as per WEWE’s manuals on financial reporting, procurement, travels and inventory regulations.
- S/He will participate in mid-year and annual physical inventory counts and reconciliation to safeguard the organization’s assets.
- S/He will conduct an investigation or forensic audit if fraudulent activities are suspected and assist with annual donor and external audits activities.
- Minimum Academic/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Must possess a first degree in Accounting or its equivalent in a relevant field. ACA/ACCA certification is a key requirement for this position
- Must have a minimum of 3 years post-NYSC experience in a reputable accounting/auditing firm
- Must have considerable expertise in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in the use of standard database and accounting software like QuickBooks will be added advantage.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, the only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for an interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
- Please, indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please, you are advised to provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three referees.
- “WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria”.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545879 to apply for this job .