The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food-secure future. We seek suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarter in Ibadan:
The successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Operate and maintain both mechanical and electrical requirements in powerhouse eg generators, high voltage panels, ring main units, tripping units, batteries, high voltage underground cables, high voltage and low voltage circuit breakers.
- Receive AGO on behalf of the unit
- Assist powerhouse mechanics in carrying out repairs on all mechanical equipment;
- Assist in general maintenance of all electrical equipment and installation;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- OND, Trade Test II/ Artisan Certificate in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent with two (2) years of experience performing a similar function.
- Good knowledge of powerhouse operations.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545846 to apply for this job .