Our client, a reputable finance and investment company has given us the task to source a Database Administrator / Developer. The position requires an individual who constantly thinks of how to improve the user experience on any technology solutions and is unique and innovative.
The client's company is located in Ikeja, Lagos.
- Conduct application testing and provide database management support.
- Translation of the technical requirements to create cost and timeline estimates.
- Responsible for building the deliverables and communicates the status to the team lead or project manager
- Assist in the design, design development, testing, implementation and documentation of new software
- Work with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements
- Assist the team lead to define specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer
- Work with the team lead and other developers to design, code, test, debug and document programs
- Assist all phases of software systems programming applications
- Alignment to established standards and practices with the development team.
- Responsible for proper documentation of all development activities.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations.
- Develop and maintain standards for application sizing and performance modelling
- Develop Operational Models that will ensure optimal use of resources and the appropriate level of performance
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience
Necessary Technical Skillset:
- Java, Java Web, Web services (REST and SOAP), Hibernate Framework, Knowledge of RDMS (Relational Database Management Systems).
- SQL Server in general (carry out scheduled database back-ups and restoration, optimize queries and design indexes)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Utilise SQL Server Reporting Systems (SSRS)
- Create and implement procedures and functions
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Get-it-done, Execution Focused!
Honest, straightforward and dependable
Strict and compliance driven
Passionate, Strategic, breathes Ownership
Excellent stakeholder management and relational skills
Highly Intelligent with excellent analytical skills
Interpersonal relational skills, highly diplomatic and yet results-focused.
Has tolerance for ambiguity, and at the same time has the intellectual swiftness and map plans out.
Ability to find creative solutions to problems combined with a willingness to do what one must to ensure timelines & goals are met.
Work Environment/Other Information
The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
This position reports to Team Lead Applications/Solution Architect.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV with "Database Administrator / Developer" as the subject head,
NOTE. Only short-listed candidates who meet specified requirements will be contacted
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545791 to apply for this job .