Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development. At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
About The Role
- Andela creates an environment of seamless, distributed work by embedded team members throughout Africa. Our Success department is charged with balancing the needs of our Partners with the needs of our Developers.
- The Director of Success leads a team of Technical engagement managers, and operations professionals to ensure that Andela delivers on our promise of world-class distributed teamwork to our partners.
- Simultaneously, the Director of Success ensures the quality and availability of programs and support to ensure that our developers are constantly growing and progressing in their careers.
- Our Lagos office is looking for a seasoned technology professional who is passionate about building the next generation of technology leaders in Africa and who knows what it takes to make successful Partners, to be the next Director of Success for Nigeria and West Africa.
- Oversee delivery of all accounts staffed by Andela’s technical professionals
- Manage the growth of all external-facing technical team members
- Manage other staff that provide support to Andela’s external-facing technical teams
- Collaborate with the Sales team and other members of the Success department in multiple countries to staff and support partners
- Work with the Andela Leadership Team in Nigeria and elsewhere to address issues for developers and other team members
- Provide actionable feedback into all aspects of the organization for continuous improvement
The key attributes for this role are:
- You have a strong ability to think strategically and plan for the future.
- You are able to assess trade-offs, risks, opportunities, and can see the big picture clearly even while getting through the day to day hurdles.
- You have demonstrated expertise in designing and managing processes for scale, managing budgets, and building lasting systems for strong personnel management.
Team building and cross-cultural skills:
- You have significant experience leading strong teams, and demonstrate an understanding of what it takes to build high-performance teams
A deep commitment to our mission:
- We are looking for a leader with evidence of curiosity, and a deep commitment to lifelong learning.
- You have 7+ years of full-time work experience working remotely in software development or technology consulting, as well as experiences managing or leading software developers, ideally across multiple countries
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field is desirable but not required
- Willingness to travel periodically between Andela’s offices in Africa and North America.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545782 to apply for this job .