eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
- The Driver will work under the direct supervision of the Associate Fleet and would be responsible for operating eHealth Africa’s motor vehicles.
- S/he is responsible for safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles.
- Regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations running official errands and assisting with other office work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Transports employees and other individuals as directed, in a safe and responsible manner; this includes shuttle transportation for campaigns, projects, airport, and distributions runs. Greets employees and individuals warmly.
- Ensures vehicle is in a proper and safe condition prior to use. Reports any damages or mechanical malfunctions and provides recommendations for repairs.
- Observes traffic rules and regulations and maximum speed limits prescribed.
- Keeps assigned vehicles clean, free from damage, and in acceptable condition consistently.
- Reports for work on time and at the specified location. Wears the appropriate outfits and footwear (closed toe shoes).
- Maintains schedules of pick-up and drop-off assignments.
- Maintains a professional and friendly approach to management, supervisors and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with company regulations and established internal policies and guidelines
- Reports all safety, security and driving incidents to supervisor immediately where possible.
- Ensures that all relevant notification procedures are followed in the event of absence from work.
- Ensures routine check-up of vehicles and complies with relevant laws and company policies regarding the use of mobile phones, smoking in company vehicles and/or the use of prohibited equipment whilst on duty.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times and approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Consistently at work and on time and participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Note: Overtime and weekend work is highly possible and may be expected in order to perform the essential functions of the position. Hours fluctuate throughout the year with the busiest times during the summer months and seven-day workweeks highly possible. Requires ability to travel to job sites. Availability, willingness, and flexibility to travel outside assigned site area for periods lasting as long as 3-4 days at a time. Such out-of-town travel may be necessary as often as every six weeks or eight times per year. Travel accommodations and per diem will be provided for out-of-town assignments
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Minimum of Secondary School Education and must have excellent driving record and experience.
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license, demonstrable route planning.
- Considerable knowledge of Nigerian roads and local laws.
- Two years of job-related experience, preferably NGO.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Able to communicate by various modes such as verbally in-person, Mobile phone, pager, and direct connect/radio.
- Excellent customer service skills must be flexible and self-motivated.
- Ability to be adapted to changes, results-oriented, and positive minded in a changing work environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and eye for details.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License
- First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable
- Computer Skills:
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working with specialized software utilized in the program.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in local Hausa is an advantage.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Why work for us?
- Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives, but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology.
- We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545776 to apply for this job .