eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We leverage our staff and department expertise across five programmatic areas:
Health Delivery Systems
Public Health Emergency Management Systems
Disease Surveillance Systems
Laboratory & Diagnostic Systems
Nutrition & Food Security Systems
In each of these programmatic areas, we partner with governments, communities, nonprofits and other stakeholders to generate holistic solutions, because we believe that every community deserves access to the types of tools that can enable them to lead healthier lives.
The Business Analyst is responsible for the requirements analysis and documentation, specification, development cycle and execution of a variety of software projects. S/he manages the sprint and release process and communicates all changes to relevant stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Discovers, documents, and prioritizes client needs and requirements, translating them to specific software requirements
- Supports Information Systems Manager in developing specifications, timelines and budget
- Manages prioritization in close coordination with the programs and engineering teams
- Organizes and facilitates project planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other project-related meetings
- Tracks tasks and milestones and reports on the project's progress
- Supports Information Systems Manager in establishing software development processes with the local development team
- Acts as an interface between program units, technology teams and support teams in collaboration with a Senior Business Analyst
- Documents business and system processes using UML notation and Case tool like Enterprise Architect
- Ensures that the recommended solution has a competitive edge
- Understands the technical designs as well as the specifications
- Effectively communicates with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements such as GUI, screen and interface designs
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation
- Works as a technical writer to ensure quality internal and external client-oriented documentation
- Provides end-to-end solution and design details
- Demos product functionalities for customers and other stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on product or project management experience with software products and solutions
- Desirables: UML, SCRUM, MICROSOFT Technologies
- Demonstrated experience to gather user requirements from a number of sources and build product requirements. Ability to identify product improvements that meet organizational and client needs
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum Framework
- Excellent written and verbal communications with a strong aptitude for succinctly presenting thoughts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively
- Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545719 to apply for this job .