Protege Management is a premier boutique Human Resource Consulting and Executive Search organization that offers both local and international companies bespoke human resource consulting products and services across diverse sectors. Protege Management is recruiting for competitive value providers and result in oriented individuals on behalf of its firm client, to fill the strategic position above.
- The Head, Finance & Accounts is responsible for overall financial management, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation of the company.
- Leads the company’s financial accounting, reporting and control activities; ensuring they are carried out efficiently and line with best practice and statutory requirements.
- To provide accurate and timely financial services including setting monthly budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and advice support inform decision making at all level.
- To manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed external auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required timelines.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions, minimizing the impact of the variances.
- Coordinates and ensures regular ALCO Meetings and following up on matters arising from such meetings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure timely preparation and rendition of Audited Financial Statements (AFS) and the timely filing of the AFS with the relevant statutory agencies.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end accounting period close of process and monthly trial balance review to ensure integrity and correctness of the company’s accounting records.
- Coordinates the preparation and renditions of statutory returns and compliance within the statutory provisions.
- Ensures Quality Control over financial transactions and financial reporting by ensuring timely trial balance review, preparation of schedules to accounts and bank reconciliation reports.
- Develops annual operating budgets as well as all project budgets and oversees them.
- Manage and comply with Local, State and Federal Government statutory requirements and tax filings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Minimum of 8+ years post qualification experience.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Professional membership of ICAN, ACCA etc.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
- BSc/BA Accounting, Finance and related courses.
- IT Proficiency.
- MSc/MBA is a plus.
- An analytical mind with strategic abilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and to adapt to change.
- An attractive package comprising a fixed and performance productivity pay.
- We don’t cover expenses for attending our interviews.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545713 to apply for this job .