United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted in September 2015 in New York, as the successor to the unfinished business of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). In order to fast track, its implementation in Nigeria, a technical collaboration between the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (OSAP-SDGs) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been developed.
- The technical collaboration is aimed to coordinate the partnerships for SDGs implementation between MDAs at the National level, between the national and sub-national governments as well as between the government and the private sector. The approach builds on the work already done by both institutions during the implementation of the MDGs.
- This recruitment will help bring the requisite capacity to ensure that the 17SDGs are aligned to the medium-term plans at both national and sub-national levels especially at the sector levels and its implementation are also consistent with the implementation of the domestic development plans.
- Given the national and State level peculiarities, the recruited Staff member will help facilitate the localization of the SDGs at the tiers of government and its subsequent mainstreaming into the plans in addition to the specific duties and responsibilities stated in section III below.
- The overriding purpose is, therefore, to strengthen the technical leadership for SDGs implementation and coordination at both the State and federal levels through the office of SSAP- SDGs in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Supports in preparing annual work plans for the SDGs Office
- Compiles Quarterly and Annual SDGs progress reports.
- Drafts policy documents, presentations, statements, speeches for OSSAP SDGs
- Assists the Chief Technical Advisor in coordinating the entire international cooperation framework of the SDGs office; supports in liaising with line MDAs, the NBS and other relevant stakeholders to collate, analyze and disseminate data relevant to the SDGs
- Supports the Chief Technical Advisor in Liaising with the MBNP, the UNDP and other key stakeholders to ensure the integration of the SDGs into the National and State-level Development Plans, MTSS and Medium-Term Expenditure Framework
- Supports in the budget preparation process to ensure the DRGs are appropriated as agreed with the Paris Club
- Undertakes capacity-building of national counterparts with respect to SDGs Mainstreaming into Policies, Plans and Budgets
- Supports in designing new programmes and interventions for accelerating the SDGs at the national and sub-national levels.
- identifies and works with key partners/stakeholders to ensure synergies with other projects/initiatives and to avoid duplication of activities among actors
- Master's Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Development and Law. A Doctorate Degree will be an added advantage.
- Two years’ experience in Development Work
- Familiarity with SDGs mainstreaming principles and processes
- Knowledge of SDGs issues at both national and sub-national government
- Demonstrated working experience with government institutions in Nigeria
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of at least on Nigerian language
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545702 to apply for this job .