The US Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position in the Regional Security Office (RSO):
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent is responsible for the compilation of individual reports in a standard format.
- This includes the input of SD sighting reports and images into an automated data processing database; retrieving/extracting reports of data; regularly reviewing report data to identify trends, patterns, event occurrences, the frequency of sightings and preparing appropriate reports for the RSO/ARSO’s review.
- Also responsible for daily tracking of local crime reports from open sources and dissemination to about 100 addressees including foreign embassies in Nigeria.
- S/he supports the Surveillance Detection (SD) Coordinator and shift supervisors in overseeing the SD team operations, administration, and logistics. Maybe directed to work undercover during special events.
- Note: All applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Completion of Secondary School Education is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in computer data entry and surveillance detection is required. One of the three years of experience must be in military, police, surveillance/observation or security.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Good working knowledge of local security issues is required.
- The ability to draft comprehensive reports, analyze and manage raw data as it pertains to surveillance detection operations and local crime is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access is required. Must have a valid Nigerian driver’s license.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism, conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- OR - Ordinarily Resident (OR) - 3,113,911 pa (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-05
- In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS - 174), or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS - 174; plus,
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (transcripts, degrees, NYSC certificate/exemption etc.)
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/email not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- Emails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A US Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in the country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under the chief of mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545699 to apply for this job .