A Non-Profit, Justice Advocacy Organization is seeking exceptional candidates to fill this role
- Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, this person will oversee operations, planning and programmes, and co-develop strategic directions for the work of the organization. The core responsibilities include:
- Acting for the Executive Director when requested, and discharging all the responsibilities and functions of that office
- Providing oversight, supervision and guidance for programme staff;
- Developing and managing the organization’s relationships with a broad spectrum of institutional stakeholders;
- Implementing and coordinating specific projects, and ensuring that they are implemented within their scheduled periods;
- Participating in strategic planning and budgeting meetings and programmes;
- Participating in (or coordinating) growth and fundraising activities;
- Coordinating staff performance evaluations and creating regular opportunities for appropriate professional development opportunities for staff
- Implementing or coordinating other actions as requested by the Executive Director;
- Leading the implementation of, and/or supervising the organization’s projects and other initiatives
- Working closely with Programme and Administrative staff to ensure that all operational activities of the organization run smoothly
Requirements and Profile
- The ideal candidate will be a forward-thinking lawyer with at least 7 years post-call experience, with a deep understanding of the key issues and challenges in the administration of justice, respect for human rights and the rule of law in Nigeria. S/he should be passionate about the organization’s mission and vision, and committed to enhancing access to justice (particularly) for poor people. S/he should be a creative thinker, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to undertake effective programme, fundraising and development activities without supervision. S/he must have the ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks and activities and satisfactorily meet deadlines as well as achieve targeted outcomes. Some experience of work in a non-profit sector at a relatively high level is considered an essential requisite. In the absence of the Director, s/he will assume overall responsibility for the work of the organization.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter and a minimum of two professional references to and should write "Deputy Director" in the subject line of their emails depending on the position they are applying for. This organization is an equal opportunities employer and third-party interventions for interested persons are neither necessary nor welcome.
The position is based in the organization’s office in Lagos and will require occasional travel outside of Lagos State.
Contract is for a renewable 2 year period
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545696 to apply for this job .