Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, DC, Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the US Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- The Regional Procurement and Grants Manager is responsible for overseeing the procurement and grant portfolios for all of Creative/Africa, currently comprised of projects in Nigeria, Cameroon, Tanzania, and Mozambique.
- The Regional Procurement and Grant Manager shall provide support for procurement/grant-intensive and deadline-oriented activities and will provide support to procurement and grant staff.
- The Regional Procurement and Grant Manager must have an in-depth knowledge of international and US Government procurement and grant regulations (USAID, DOS, DIFD, World Bank, etc.) and ensure that procurements and grants are compliant with all local laws.
- The Regional Procurement and Grants Manager will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement and grant processes, training, forms and templates and compliance to Creative’s processes and policies, providing regular training and mentoring to procurement and grant staff. Up to forty percent (40%) travel within Africa is expected.
Reporting & Supervision
- The Regional Procurement and Grants Manager will report to the Director of Grants Management and Administration in Washington DC
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review the implementation of procurement and grant processes and logistics operations for all Africa based projects, strictly following all relevant client and established Creative rules and regulations, including all stipulations established by local laws. Rules and regulations include, but are not limited to:
- ADS (Automated Directive System)
- FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- CFR (US Code of Federal Regulations)
- AAPD (Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directive)
- Established Creative Procurement/Grant Policies
- Local Law
- DFID Smart Rules
- Review and recommend changes to procurement/grant policies and procedures as required;
- Enforce and maintain policies for procurement/grant processes;
- Spearhead training initiatives for all project staff to increase awareness for procurement/grant issues such as procurement/grant planning, bidder/application evaluations, fraud prevention and quality control;
- Review and verify the procurement of materials according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community and/or Project;
- Assist Develop and analyze technical specifications of materials, with consideration for investment, loss, and an associated value; review and adjust budgets, as needed;
- Update forms and templates;
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality, maintain professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards;
- Process procurements/grants according to respective rules and regulations;
- Other duties, as assigned;
- Lead/Manage a portfolio of projects; and
- Gather and analyze procurement/grants data to identify potential red flags and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in international development, business, accounting, finance, or relevant field. A Master’s degree (or its equivalent) is preferred;
- A minimum of seven years’ work experience is required, or a Bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ relevant experience;
- Demonstrated supervisory and management experience;
- Demonstrated organizational capacity to handle a portfolio of high-priority procurements and grants;
- Excellent timekeeping skills and ability to independently manage deadline-oriented tasks;
- Ability to analyze data and identify areas for improvement;
- Ability to build and foster relationships with internal/external clients at all levels of the hierarchy; and
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545587 to apply for this job .