Workforce Management Centre Limited is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise, in the area of organizational effectiveness and employee performance, the Company is positioned to assist businesses across diverse sectors of the economy in their quest to create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
- Inventory managers are in charge of inventory in a warehouse or similar space.
- Inventory managers lead a team of inventory or warehouse workers to receive and record new stock as it comes in and move stock onto trucks or store shelves as needed.
- Inventory managers interview and hire employees, create schedules, monitor stock levels at the warehouse and know when to replenish stock.
- Inventory managers are focused on time, making sure every item of stock gets to its destination on time, and that there are no shortages on shelves.
- Depending on the job, inventory managers may have similar duties to a scheduler or logistician.
- Directing and overseeing control and innovation activities.
- Actively seek out best practices through industry collaboration.
- Lead and develop a team of Inventory Control associates.
- Utilize skills and knowledge to develop comprehensive inventory control strategies to achieve target delivery performance from suppliers, target fill rate to customers, and inventory level and balancing within DPAM operations.
- Responsible for inventory control policy and compliance. Collaborate with management within related departments to align strategies and maintains support and communication.
- Directly managing the Inventory Control department.
- Mentor and develop associates.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws to include interviewing, hiring, and training associates;
- Planning, assigning, scheduling, directing, reviewing, and approving work;
- Setting performance expectations, assessing training needs, appraising performance;
- Rewarding, disciplining and counseling associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems and tracking time and attendance.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS)
- 10 years related experience in supply chain and inventory control.
- MBA in Supply Chain Management, Operations or related field preferred.
- A minimum 3 years of responsible leadership experience in management or supervisory positions especially in a manufacturing company.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must possess and demonstrate the following:
- Supply chain experience and supply chain optimization, inventory control and demand forecast, inventory optimization, fill rate targeting and managing department resources and budgets.
- Automotive (Light Duty or Heavy Duty) Aftermarket experience, Lean Six Sigma concepts and APICS (production & inventory) certification
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and internet search engines.
- Working knowledge of demand forecast and order management software (Oracle, BI Tools, SMS, and QAD).
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/545568 to apply for this job .